What's new

HELP! Anyone know about a yamaha s-830? (1 Viewer)

chris_clem

Second Unit
I have a peculiar problem. I just purchased a new FP, the Panasonic 300U which will be installed on Saturday:D I have been waiting for this for a long time, but something unexpected happened when I bought this at the store today. The store I bought it from (I live in the Philippines) gave me a FREE DVD player to go with my purchase! It is a Yamaha dvd-s830, and they said they had over stocked this particular model and are bundling it with my purchase. I had no option to exchange it for a discount or store credit and it was not a scam because the other shops here were selling the 300U for the same price I got it for WITHOUT the freebie! (Granted shops here have a much higher profit margin, I got my 300U for about $2000, much more than it would cost in the US, it's still a great deal for me)

My problem is, I know NOTHING about this unit! I have searched this forum and apparently no one has said anything about it either! I searched the web and most of the sites that feature it are not in English (mostly European countries) except for a few UK ones like this :
http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/warehouse/...d=YAMDVDS830TI

Even Yamaha's international and US website doesn't have it!:frowning: I am fairly certain it's not a model that's being sold in the US with this product number, perhaps it's called something else there? The specs on the site I found are incomplete as this player also has progressive scan and it can play DVD-A discs.

The reason I am stressing out on this so much is because I was looking forward to buying a Denon 2900 or 2200 to pair with my FP but a freebie like this is too good to pass up! I want to know if this player's PQ equals or surpasses those two based on reviews (I can't do a side by side myself because there are no refunds here once an item is bought/taken out of the store). I read that *most* Yamaha’s are chroma bug free and generally have great PQ but I don't know anything specific about this unit! Please help me out with links or info...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks