Photo
- - - - -

What happens to Xbox Live player feedback?

Xbox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 04:14 AM

Whenever I have an Xbox Live session with a cool group of people I make a point of leaving positive feedback for them. Likewise negative feedback for the jackarses out there. But I wonder where this feedback ultimately goes? How is it used?
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#2 of 7 David Galindo

David Galindo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 05:41 AM

Good feedback is used to deduct any negative feedback the player might have. Thats really it when it comes to good feedback.

Negative feedback works like this: if the Live people get enough negative feedback (and there doesn't need to be much) they penalize the player.

1st warning- email is sent to user.
2nd warning- voice communication is muted for the player for up to a month.
3rd, 4th, 5th warning- voice communication is muted and/or Xbox Live service is banned from the player for up to a month.
6th warning- service is cancelled and refunds are given for the remaining months if player has one year membership.

#3 of 7 David Galindo

David Galindo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 07:34 AM

There doesnt need to be much to get an email from Xbox live. But there does need to be a bit more from other people (and not just one person), over a longer period, to get to the 2nd warnings and up. How much, I don't know. Posted Image

#4 of 7 Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 09:57 AM

There would definitely need to be a trend noted before they pulled the plug. Actually I'm surprised that they issue a refund when it gets that far.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#5 of 7 Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 07:11 PM

I would worry about some 13 year old getting pissed that you beat him at Counterstrike and giving you bad feedback. Its not your fault he's not 1337.Posted Image

#6 of 7 Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 03:08 AM

how do you leave someone feedback? there was a guy on motoGP 2 the other night that

A) would not stop talking. i mean it was so obnoxious.

B) would not leave female gamers alone.

#7 of 7 Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 07:11 AM

maybe i missed it, but i didn't see a way to mute a specific person in motogp 2..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users