What's new

Pink Floyd Funeral for a Friend (1 Viewer)

Richard Fernandez

Stunt Coordinator
ROGER WATERS
JOINS UP WITH
PINK FLOYD MEMBERS
_____Today (14th November) Roger performed with Pink Floyd at the funeral of Steve O'Rourke. This is the first time since the last Wall concert in 1981 the four members have performed together. They played 2 songs together Fat Old Sun and Great Gig in the Sky. The funeral held at Chichester Cathedral, England was a fitting goodbye to a man some called Mr. Pink Floyd.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Interesting...

I wonder how they got along. Who knows maybe it could lead to them recording again together. That would be awesome.

Greg Black

Second Unit
The thread title led me to believe that Pink Floyd and Funeral For A Friend (the band) had collaborated on something, which sounded very strange to me.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmmm, the thread title made ME think Pink Floyd was covering the old Elton John tune. That also sounded very strange to me. ;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
The thread title made me think someone had mistakenly believed Funeral For A Friend was performed by Pink Floyd.

Sad to hear that Steven O'Rourke has passed. But I'm pleased to hear that Roger Waters' dislike for the man has faded that he would attend the funeral, and similarly that for his old band at least long enough to play a few tunes.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
They're past the stage of reuniting. I always hoped that they would reunite for one concert, maybe for a charity, with pay-per-view. And then that would be it. Pink Floyd could exit as a pleasant memory for everyone, including the members. If they reunited (won't ever happen, imo) it would seem too money-grubbing, like the Rolling Stones. Going out on top really is the best way.
What would be best is a rekindling of friendships.

Richard Fernandez

Stunt Coordinator
from Roger Waters Online.

ROGER WATERS
DID NOT
PERFORM WITH PINK FLOYD
_____It now appears early reports that Roger joined Dave, Nick and Rick to perform 2 songs at Steve O' Rourkes funeral were premature. Despite this news coming from a very reliable source I think the sheer scale of the event blurred our usual prudent judgment. To clear things up Roger did not perform with the members of Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd did however play 2 songs at the funeral as previously stated

:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks