-

Photo
- - - - -

Halo 2 rumor...release on Nov. 28 (black friday)????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 02:02 AM

Interesting...

http://games.thedgn.....AlohUFeHEf.php

Edit: EBGames it seems is also running a promotion right now...trade 4 games and get Halo 2 for $9.99. Why would they be doing this so early? Here's the link: http://games.thedgn.....ZFIMuJspbK.php

Even more here as well:

http://games.thedgn.....llqRxBTDHp.php

Probably not true but why do they always gotta tease us like this!!!

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 02:17 AM

Well, decided to check halo.bungie.org and sure enough here is rumor control on the official halo site, though it looks like the news poster doesn't really "work" for bungie and he is responding to the older post, not the first link i posted:

http://halo.bungie.o....html?item=7949

die rumor spreaders, die!!

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 03:05 AM

Quote:
Edit: EBGames it seems is also running a promotion right now...trade 4 games and get Halo 2 for $9.99. Why would they be doing this so early?

EB et al have had Halo 2 preorders up for a while already. In the same advert, Fable is listed as part of the deal - another title that's definitely not due out for ages, so I don't see that list as being a good piece of proof that it's coming out soon.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Tim Ford

Tim Ford

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 03:40 AM

Seems very early, to be honest. Posted Image

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 04:00 AM

Hmm, Voodoo Extreme (my fav news site) is also posting about it:

http://ve3d.ign.com/?fromint=1#458684

Anyone seen this supposed commercial on NBC?

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Dave Cukina

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 05:30 AM

Hey Kami just and fyi...that halo.bungie.org site is a fan site and not affiliated with bungie studios so they aren't really in any position to report on rumours, oh how it would be nice if it were true!!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 09:22 AM

I seriously doubt it but if this is true, I will be up at 5am camped outside of some store to get my copy Posted Image
Regards,
Dave

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Keith_R

Keith_R

Screenwriter

• 1,179 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 09:51 AM

This can't be true. Why would they do something like this with their most anticipated game? they would lose all kinds of money sneaking it out like this, with no pre-advertisement or anything. Unless they believe people will scoop it up like hotcakes this holiday season it would probably make null sales without any hype build-up.

Quote:
I seriously doubt it but if this is true, I will be up at 5am camped outside of some store to get my copy

I'll be camping out with youPosted Image .
-Keith-       

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Adrian P

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 10:24 AM

Rumor is not true. Go figure...

Quote:
Bungie's SketchFactor just posted the following message at a Halo forum:

"Despite all the juicy rumors floating around the net lately, I can confirm with absolute certainty that Halo 2 is NOT coming out in 2003. As we have said for quite some time now, the game will be released when it is done and that will be in 2004. It is not coming out next week. It will not be on store shelves this holiday. Why would anyone want to do a "secret release" with a property as big as Halo 2 anyways? What possible benefit is there in sneaking it onto shelves without making the consumer aware?

Please remember that unless you hear it direct from Bungie, you shouldn't pay attention to any release dates or speculation you see or hear. I'm sorry to crush hopes of playing the game early but it's better than getting your hopes up prematurely. I'm as eager as you are to get my hands on the finished game but we're not there yet.

When the time is right, I imagine we will have more to say about a firm release date. For now, we stand by what we've always said - Halo 2 will be released when it's finished."

So, there you go. We always said it was a rumour, and just as the commerical screens that everyone got so excited about proved to be fake, it turns out the whole thing was a hoax.

Then again, did anyone honestly believe Halo 2 would be released in a week?

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 10:59 AM

NO DON'T YOU SEE IT'S PART OF THE PLOT!!!!!!!!!

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 11:29 AM

It's the Sega Saturn all over again..."Sega Saturn, It's Out There."
Kyle McKnight

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Damian James

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 02:11 AM

April 4th or so is what I heard at my local EB, and that date hasn't changed in 4 or 5 months. I went ahead and reserved it for that date.
Hello there! Might I have a moment to speak with you about a new set of kitchen knives?

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 02:10 AM

Quote:
April 4th or so is what I heard at my local EB, and that date hasn't changed in 4 or 5 months.

Exactly. Four months is a huge jump, unless they planned this the whole time. It certainly would make sense to have released it in time for the holidays as this title would drive incremental hardware sales. For current Xbox owners you could release Halo 2 any time of the year and will sell out.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

Back to Video Gaming

Forum Nav Content I Follow