What's new

Halo 2 rumor...release on Nov. 28 (black friday)???? (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter

Kami

Screenwriter
Well, decided to check halo.bungie.org and sure enough here is rumor control on the official halo site, though it looks like the news poster doesn't really "work" for bungie and he is responding to the older post, not the first link i posted:

http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=7949

die rumor spreaders, die!!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Edit: EBGames it seems is also running a promotion right now...trade 4 games and get Halo 2 for $9.99. Why would they be doing this so early?
EB et al have had Halo 2 preorders up for a while already. In the same advert, Fable is listed as part of the deal - another title that's definitely not due out for ages, so I don't see that list as being a good piece of proof that it's coming out soon.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Kami just and fyi...that halo.bungie.org site is a fan site and not affiliated with bungie studios so they aren't really in any position to report on rumours, oh how it would be nice if it were true!!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I seriously doubt it but if this is true, I will be up at 5am camped outside of some store to get my copy :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
This can't be true. Why would they do something like this with their most anticipated game? they would lose all kinds of money sneaking it out like this, with no pre-advertisement or anything. Unless they believe people will scoop it up like hotcakes this holiday season it would probably make null sales without any hype build-up.

I seriously doubt it but if this is true, I will be up at 5am camped outside of some store to get my copy
I'll be camping out with you:) .

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Rumor is not true. Go figure...

Bungie's SketchFactor just posted the following message at a Halo forum:

"Despite all the juicy rumors floating around the net lately, I can confirm with absolute certainty that Halo 2 is NOT coming out in 2003. As we have said for quite some time now, the game will be released when it is done and that will be in 2004. It is not coming out next week. It will not be on store shelves this holiday. Why would anyone want to do a "secret release" with a property as big as Halo 2 anyways? What possible benefit is there in sneaking it onto shelves without making the consumer aware?

Please remember that unless you hear it direct from Bungie, you shouldn't pay attention to any release dates or speculation you see or hear. I'm sorry to crush hopes of playing the game early but it's better than getting your hopes up prematurely. I'm as eager as you are to get my hands on the finished game but we're not there yet.

When the time is right, I imagine we will have more to say about a firm release date. For now, we stand by what we've always said - Halo 2 will be released when it's finished."

So, there you go. We always said it was a rumour, and just as the commerical screens that everyone got so excited about proved to be fake, it turns out the whole thing was a hoax.

Then again, did anyone honestly believe Halo 2 would be released in a week?

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
April 4th or so is what I heard at my local EB, and that date hasn't changed in 4 or 5 months. I went ahead and reserved it for that date.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
April 4th or so is what I heard at my local EB, and that date hasn't changed in 4 or 5 months.
Exactly. Four months is a huge jump, unless they planned this the whole time. It certainly would make sense to have released it in time for the holidays as this title would drive incremental hardware sales. For current Xbox owners you could release Halo 2 any time of the year and will sell out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks