Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Final Countdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Richard Ringenbach

Richard Ringenbach

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted September 05 2001 - 10:57 AM

Has anyone heard any recent news about "The Final Countdown"?
Thank you!

------------------

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Seth T

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted September 06 2001 - 06:11 AM

From The Digital Bits:

3/29/01

Yep... it's true. The Final Countdown is officially in production for DVD. I spoke yesterday with Pacific Family Entertainment, which owns the rights to the film, and they've confirmed that they are gearing up for the DVD release. Production is underway, and they hope to have the title out by this summer. They do have all the original elements for the film, and they're aware of what fans want on the DVD release (including 5.1 sound and anamorphic widescreen video). PFE is just down the road from the Bits' offices, so we'll be sure to keep you up to date. The Final Countdown is a B-grade, sci-fi classic from the 1980s, in which a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. Nimitz, passes through a timewarp and is sent back to December 6th, 1941 - just in time to prevent the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. It's a great little flick, and it stars Martin Sheen, Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Katharine Ross and Charles Durning. It'll be the perfect spin on DVD - can't wait!

-Seth
LG 60PK540 60" Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR708 7.1 | SVS PB10-NSD | Mirage OS³ CC | Mirage OS³ L/R/LS/RS | Mirage OS² RLS/RRS

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 07 2001 - 06:03 AM

And what's the release date???

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,831 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted June 04 2002 - 06:44 AM

I figure some of you might enjoy the irony of this thread even if you cannot enjoy the DVD yet..... Posted Image
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted June 04 2002 - 09:22 AM

In a couple of weeks. Posted Image

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Seth T

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted June 04 2002 - 12:43 PM

LOL

Talk about going through the archives.

I actually caught this on TV the other night...removed it from my wish list afterwards.

Good luck to the rest of you guys that still want it though.

Only a couple weeks more...hehe
LG 60PK540 60" Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR708 7.1 | SVS PB10-NSD | Mirage OS³ CC | Mirage OS³ L/R/LS/RS | Mirage OS² RLS/RRS

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Brian Tomasko

Brian Tomasko

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 06 2002 - 03:29 AM

I placed my order back in DECEMBER 2000 and 1. I've been calling PFE every month or so and hear the same STORY every time I call....... This is ridiculous! The original release date was January 15,2002 and uhhhhhhh what month are we in now........ They SHOULD get their act together and stop giving us the same stories that it will be released soon.... Do NOT believe them when tthe little old lady says "a couple of weeks"....... I called her about two days ago and she said "It's being shipped this weekend and next weekend". I asked her to confirm if my order was shipped and she said that she couldn't do that..... What the %$&*?

I say we all CALL PFE EVERY day and bust their chops!

1-714-669-4900 Hit 230 on your phone and then if there's no answer hit 0 for the old lady!

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Jonathan.e

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted June 06 2002 - 06:26 PM

News up at The Bits confirming this bunch of jokers have yet again failed to ship as promised.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted June 06 2002 - 06:40 PM

PFE: "Shipping this weekend! -er,.........mebee NOT"

Maybe they should just push this to December to commemerate
Pearl Harbor.
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted June 06 2002 - 07:48 PM

This whole situation os really, really sad. I would love to have this film, but I doubt I would purchase it now. PFE really ought to sell the rights and allow a proper, timely release to be put out.Posted Image
"We make it hard...the easy way."

Funniest line I have ever read in DVD a review: "'The Simple Life' stars rich, spoiled friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie as two rich, spoiled friends who are taken out of their posh Los Angeles lifestyle and deposited in a small town in Arkansas..."

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor

• 661 posts

Posted June 07 2002 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
I actually caught this on TV the other night...removed it from my wish list afterwards.
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but does that mean you wanted this movie before you had even seen it?

I won't pretend that I've never bought anything I had never seen before, but it's always been an impulse buy situation. I can't imagine having something on my wish list that I had never even seen!
Blücher!

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted June 07 2002 - 04:27 AM

If those discs aren't here in 2 weeks, I suggest you people find yourselves a lawyer for a class-action

They charged your cards to pay for production, and they have not delivered a disc.