What's new

Just how good are HTD speakers? (1 Viewer)

Brock

Grip
These speakers look fantastic for the price. How do they measure up sound-wise with the likes of PSB Alphas, etc?

Jeff_Hunt

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Energy e:XL setup and I'm real happy with it. When my in-laws decided they wanted a home theater setup they gave me a budget and let me go play. I ended up getting them the HTD level three towers and center package, this was when they were phasing out the previous line-up so they were all out of subwoofers. I set it all up with a Sony SA-WM40 and now I'm really envious of their sound setup. It blows mine away.

Oh, just for reference, my Energy's are being run from a Denon 3801 and their HTD's are on an HK 520.

And another thing, they did have a noticable break-in period. I left them running white noise for a day or two when they first arrived, and on the first few listenings I wasn't totally impressed. I can't really say when it was, but I remember going to watch Attack of the Clones over there and I was like, "Why doesn't mine sound like that?" and then I went an cried myself to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks