Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Next Joe Millionaire thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 of 48 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,885 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 02:20 AM

Fox's ultimate reality Punk'd show is back, and this time, we get a cowboy named David Smith, and 14 European beauties, all unreceptive of a cowboy, but quickly change their tune when it's revealed that he's worth $80 million due to a trust maturing on David's 25th birthday.

Poor Paul, he was really trying to edumacate David in European history and landmarks/capitals, but David just looks like a deer in headlights for most of the tutorial.

This is pure train-wreck TV in the making.

Most of the woman contestants are very pretty, we'll have to see if their personalities become unsavory and vicious as the scam rolls on.

Stay tuned for the formal introductions next week!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 48 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 03:09 AM

I caught most of this, mainly to see the crop of money grubbing hoes, and when

Quote:
all unreceptive of a cowboy, but quickly change their tune when it's revealed that he's worth $80 million

I thought that I was right. I only thought a handful were fairly attractive.

Oh and man I'm starting to think that Joe # 1 was pretty smart compared to this clown.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#3 of 48 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Screenwriter

• 1,890 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted October 21 2003 - 03:36 AM

My bet is that this guy IS rich.
The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#4 of 48 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Supporting Actor

• 868 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 06:44 AM

I saw an issue of TV guide this morning at the Vet's office that said just that. Evidently his father has some bucks (not sure about 80 mil) and he even admitted that he never had to work his whole life. Sounds like he's just slumming. Plus he is as dumb as a box of rocks it seems. I just kept thinking about Woody from Cheers but even more of a rube.
Revenge is like serving cold cuts-

Tony Soprano

#5 of 48 OFFLINE   Bob-N

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

• 915 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 06:55 AM

Yep, total trainwreck. With the European gals they showed after a few drinks and the promos, they are going to scratch and claw to get to David. It's going to be messy.

I agree also that there were only a couple of really attractive women.

#6 of 48 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 07:22 AM

It was pretty bad.
I am glad the show tanked in the ratings.

#7 of 48 OFFLINE   Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

• 1,367 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 08:50 AM

In the words of my good buddy George W. Bush.....
Quote:
"Fool me once, shame on....(brief silence)....shame on you. (Confusion and loss of thought)....they fool you twice - you can't get fooled again". Posted Image

"What does God want with a Starship?" - Captain Kirk from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

"For the first few minutes of the film, I had accidently listened to the Dolby Digital track." - Ron Epstein (HTF)

#8 of 48 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 09:59 AM

I thought it was really bad, but some reason I couldn't turn away. Glad it's only an hour or I would have missed the second half.

Half the girls are not attractive, but there is one. I bet he is rich also and is playing dumb.

#9 of 48 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,885 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 10:19 AM

David's got that whole Woody Harrelson thing going for him (when he was on Cheers).

#10 of 48 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,460 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 11:09 AM

Anyone notice that the promos implied that a bunch of French women were going to be included in the mix? Catch phrases like, "How do you say sucker in French?" and anserwing the question, "are we going to do it again?" with, "Oui, Oui" led me to believe that most of the cast was French or French speaking.

Turns out that the girls are from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the Czech Republic. Not a single girl is from France or a French speaking country.

Well, I guess it either a case of Fox wanting to use the allure of hot French women (probably not) or hoping that lingering anti-French sentiment would entice viewers into watching some French women embarass themselves. Except that's not going to happen. Looking at the poor ratings,I wonder how many people didn't tune in because they didn't want to see French people on TV?

#11 of 48 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 11:43 AM

> I just kept thinking about Woody from Cheers but even more of a rube.

I hadn't noticed that, but I see the resemblance now. I don't think the guy's dumb, though, just not hip on the sort of stuff someone who'd have a butler would know. There's probably some anti-country thinking going on.

#12 of 48 OFFLINE   Wade K

Wade K

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 01:46 PM

Turns out that the girls are from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the Czech Republic. Not a single girl is from France or a French speaking country.

I read somewhere that the first Joe was aired in France (though in a slightly different format), so I suspect they wouldn't have been able to find a suitable French woman who hadn't at least heard of the first series. No great conspiracy.

#13 of 48 OFFLINE   Brenton

Brenton

Screenwriter

• 1,169 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 03:08 PM

I'm not gonna touch this show with a ten-foot pole. I sat through the first one, hoping for a really hilarious payoff when the winner finds out he's not a millionaire, and she'd feel all betrayed and everything. But man, that last episode was just stupid.

Not only are they trying to trick a bunch of girls again, they're trying to trick ME again... into watching it!

Who do they think they can trick next? African bush-women??

#14 of 48 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,460 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
I suspect they wouldn't have been able to find a suitable French woman who hadn't at least heard of the first series

It's not so much that they didn't have any French women on, but that they implied they did in the promos.

#15 of 48 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted October 22 2003 - 01:18 AM

Quote:
Who do they think they can trick next? African bush-women??

"Eddie! I am American woman now. I want half, Eddie!"

I don't watch this, but the commercials are funny. They pretty much are saying, "The Fox network, like the women on the show, are money-grubbing greedy whores. Lets all laugh at us together."

I'm still amazed and even impressed that the same network gives us Joe Millionaire, The X-Files, Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?, and 24.

I would have thought that some of the women would be attracted to the rugged, handsome young Cowboy despite his poverty. I mean, with all those girls, there have to be some that have certain feelings beyond materialism, right?

#16 of 48 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 12:13 PM

Call me evil, but I can't stop laughing every time one of these girls starts opening their mouth about love and all that bullsh*t. I basically laugh the whole time.

I only wish a show like this was on HBO so we can see the really juicy stuff. The fights, the bitching each other out, that would be great.

#17 of 48 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,885 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 04:33 PM

I still like Linda, Karolina, Tereza, and Cat. The Italian women scare me. Lina needs to go. Olinda has to be faking her giddy school girl act.

David is so in over his head.

Loved the "ding" whenever they cut to Paul when David would slip in some of his newly gained knowledge of European capitals and wooden shoes in the Netherlands.

#18 of 48 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted October 27 2003 - 05:38 PM

I wanted to slap him when he kept trying to sound smart and then asked if Berlin was the capital, who doesn't know that!? And when he said he shipped his horse there I knew that later down the road they are bound to figure him out. Not a good liar.

#19 of 48 OFFLINE   Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted October 28 2003 - 03:44 AM

Quote:
I mean, with all those girls, there have to be some that have certain feelings beyond materialism, right?

No. Posted Image

#20 of 48 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted October 29 2003 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
"Eddie! I am American woman now. I want half, Eddie!"

Umfufu... Posted Image

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow