Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon/DVDPLANET

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted October 12 2003 - 10:37 AM

Any coupons floating around for Amazon.com, amazon.ca, or dvdplanet.com? I need to pick up the criterion dvd of Schizopolis, but am finding it hard to fork over the nearly 30 bucks cost (after having had an expensive month)

any help would be fantastic
My DVD Collection Exposed!  which hasnt been updated in about two years

#2 of 4 Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

• 1,711 posts

Posted October 12 2003 - 11:37 AM

Amazon.ca has it on sale for $27.97 CA ($21.19 USD), but if you don't live in Canada the shipping charges are nasty (around $7 I think).

Here are some coupons for the Amazon.ca site (not sure if these even work but worth a try)

CANADATELUSM $10 off $50
CANADASKY535 $5 off $35
MAPCARTEFRAN $10 off $50
MAPMBNACARDS $5 off $30
MAPVSMCSAVES $5 off $35

#3 of 4 Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted October 12 2003 - 02:57 PM

with the five dollars off thirty coupon, i got schizopolis (preordered) for 25-ish american. This is with the shipping costs to america. This is also cheaper than anywhere else. its a good deal. thanks, man.
My DVD Collection Exposed!  which hasnt been updated in about two years

#4 of 4 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted October 12 2003 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
but if you don't live in Canada the shipping charges are nasty (around $7 I think).

The regular shipping charges (1 dvd) are CDN$9.98, but here's the trick... for CDN$1 more you can upgrade to Expedited International Shipping (use one of the 10 off coupons if you have more than CDN$50 to knock the shipping to CDN$1) and, usually, have your item in less than 24 hours from shipment.

With the expedited shipping, Amazon.ca regularly has items from Toronto to me in Tulsa before 3pm the day after shipment. Keep in mind, YMMV. Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein