Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gilmore Girls - 9/30/03 - The Lorelais' First Day at Yale

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

• 953 posts

Posted September 30 2003 - 12:53 PM

This has been excellent so far. I've been missing this show for about a year. The dialogue is like Quentin Tarantino and Aaron Sorkin had a kids with the rapid fast pacing and the smart pop culture references. It's about time for this show to come out on DVD.
Danny Federici, we'll meet you in the land of hope and dreams

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted September 30 2003 - 05:02 PM

Tonight's episode was just great, much better than the season premiere. ~T

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,063 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 01:31 AM

The episode started stiffly at Lorelai's house, but once they get to Yale, the vibe went back to normal again, and the rapid-fire dialogue was clicking once more. There were many funny bits: Luke trying to get a divorce, wanting nothing in the process, while the lawyers pressing him to want something. The Yale bedding gag. I wished they didn't ruin the "Paris as Rory's roommate" tidbit in the commercials. Paris's lifecoach bit was hilarious when Paris goes off the "calmness" reservation. Getting Rory "introduced" to her dormmates by Lorelai's "event planning" skills was a good way to settle Rory into college.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Al Shing

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 01:51 AM

Yes, it looks like the show is back. The new roommate and classmates are probably no replacements for Madeline and Louise, though. The real Paris is just underneath the surface, ready to drive Rory and the new girl nuts. The last scene with Lorelai in the empty house was one of the best in the series. There is a big hole in her life now, and she is uncertain how to fill it. I really want this show to come out on DVD. I've missed a few eps in Seasons 2-3 because it was opposite Buffy.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 02:22 AM

[quote] Luke trying to get a divorce, wanting nothing in the process, while the lawyers pressing him to want something. [quote] ‘I want my three hours back’, was just too funny. As was the legal team going off to work on it.
¡Time is not my master!

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 02:42 AM

Did I miss something or did the fourth suite-mate never show up? I don't like "craft-person" Paris, but I don't suspect that she'll be around for very long. It's like trying to train a weasel to guard your chickens - her true nature will surface soon. My favorite line is probably "I recognize that tree.", just because of the straight delivery. I thought the "I want my mommy" bit was weak (probably just because of the time element), and I almost wish they'd have written it the other way around. Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 03:28 AM

"I recognize that tree" was the perfect punch line to that scene...

I don't think there's a show on TV right now that makes me laugh harder.

BTW, I just sent an email to rory.gilmore@yale.edu just to see if anything happens.

Or maybe I should have tried rony.gilmore? Posted Image
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Derek Miner

Derek Miner

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 03:38 AM

"no matches to nameserver query"

"Many people at Yale have similar names so please do not try to guess someone's email address." Posted Image
= Derek Miner =
Co-founder, Sunscreen Film Festival

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,063 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 04:36 AM

And what would you email Rory anyway? Posted Image
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,801 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted October 01 2003 - 05:02 AM

My favorite line/moment from last night was Rory mushing her nose an wondering if it was made of clay. I think Bledel is at her funniest when Rory is in shock over something.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted October 01 2003 - 10:17 AM

Yes, "I can't feel my face...." Posted Image

//Ken

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted October 02 2003 - 01:10 AM

I thought Lorelie staying at the dorm overnight was a bit forced and I was concerned for Rory that it would present her as a real goofball to her new schoolchums. Also, I don't mind Paris being in Yale with her, but I would have preferred some new roommates as the show could have used some new blood in that department. I hope they do not abondon Lanie, she was a fav of mine. So far no sighting.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Daniel`D

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted October 02 2003 - 09:25 AM

I'm new to the show.I watched last week and said, "What do people get out of this?"But, luckly, I give it a chance with a different episode and I loved it.I now can't wait for next week.Posted Image
Image converted to link by moderator. Please consult the signature rules for limits on image size

http://img.photobuck...nde/sincity.jpg
My DVD Collection

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted October 02 2003 - 09:28 AM

[quote] I thought Lorelie staying at the dorm overnight was a bit forced and I was concerned for Rory that it would present her as a real goofball to her new schoolchums. [quote]
The real danger in being considered a goofball is being lumped in with her suitemates. Posted Image

On the other hand, she’ll look cool standing next to them. Posted Image
¡Time is not my master!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users