What's new

No sound from dvd player (1 Viewer)

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I tried playing a dvd today, and no sound came out. The picture was fine, and it played. I tried playing a cd, and sound came from that. Why would sound come from a cd and not a dvd? thanks

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Some DVD players require you to access a menu to turn on the Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams via the digital audio out. Look under the Audio section of the DVD player's menu to see if there are such options.

-Elias

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Do you have an optical or coaxial cable? If optical, check and see if the cable is kinked in some way.

You never stated specifically, though: Have you been getting sound with DVDs already and only now has a problem developed? Or are you just now connecting the player?

Also check to see if you've properly assigned the DVD input on the receiver; this doesn't happen automatically.

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I've already gone through the menus checking everything and setting it up. I'v had the dvd player for about 9 months now and it's worked fine until recently. It's the weirdest thing, only the sound for dvds doesn't work, everything else is fine. I have a Coaxial cable, and it's fine.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Try manually changing your receiver mode to DD/DTS. Maybe it's not detecting the Bitstream information properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks