What's new

Bob, The Bachelor (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Initially, the group of women seemed more beautiful than those from the previous shows. But in the highlights of upcoming shows, they also appear psychotic.

Bob appears to have taken on a rock-star status among the girls. And as a result, instead of prospective brides, the first selection of 15 strike me as groupies.

Was disappointed to see Christine (the virgin) go. She was remarkably pretty. Of the remaining 15, I find Kristi (red halter dress...va va voom) and Meredith most visually appealing.

Should be an interesting season.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Holy crap, some of these women are way over the top. Most of them are OK with the whole thing but ABC may have bitten off a little more than they expected considering that the bachlorettes have been pining for Bob since the moment he was on the first show last year. What's up with the chic sobbing uncontrollably, she has only talked to the guy for 5 minutes and her life is over? Also, did anyone else get the impression that someone tried to kill themselves in a future episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lee Ann appears to be the most focused (and scary) of the bunch if you lend any credence to the previews for the upcoming season.

I cracked up when Estella let Bob feel her chest (err, her heart beating wildly) with the back of his hand when they initially met. I'm sure Bob's thought was "Hey there..."

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Wasn't Lee Ann the one who kept on proclaiming that she wasn't going to get picked, that she wasn't aggressive? She also made the same appeal to Bob's mom (who I believe was pulled in by the 'proclamation' of traditionalism...yeah, right - this whole process of finding your mate is really quite traditional). You're right...while she may have initially come off as sweet and natural, Lee Ann now strikes me as schizophrenic.

In one of the highlights, Bob looks exhausted and says that he wasn't prepared for this. I got the same impression that someone attempts suicide in a future episode.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
How could anyone not want to watch this? A bunch of women going absolutely crazy and we get to watch them all fall in love with him, AKA go absolutely nuts, and one of them probably tries to kill herself. Nothing is more fun than laughing at a woman that starts crying after spending an hour with a man when he doesn't pick her. She said she had her heart broken after 1 hour, puh-leese. Get the tissues, that's a real serious issue!

This is pure entertainment to watch how women will really act. He could say "I like to punt puppies for 3 points on the weekend. My personal best is 40 yards" and they would all say "like oh my gosh so do I!" Pathetic, but fun to watch.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
This could be the most fun of the whole bachelor series. With Alex and Aaron, the girls had no idea who they would meet. With Aaron a couple got up and walked out. Everyone of these girls has had a chance to see Bob and they all seem eager - and from the teasers from future episodes EAGER - to meet Bob. The producers are finally getting this figured out. More skimpy bathing suits in showers with babes with #10 bodies.

Loved the girl who said "everyone here is a 10!"

Christine the virgin. DAMN IT BOB!! Do you have any idea what this girl would have looked like in a slinky two piece? Actually, she probably told him should would only wear a one piece and he gave our her walking papers.

Kelly - Loved her bouncy attitude and cute hair. She can be around till the end but I think I know who Bob will select.

A brunette. I was surprised there were so many and that they were hot. Bob has dark hair and I subscribe to the "couples tend to select similar hair color" theory. Umm, which of the girls had curly hair and sideburns?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Sigh, we're so far behind last night I just watched ep 2 of the Firestone saga...

Having said that, the newspapers reported that the owners of the swanky house used for Bachelor Bob are suing the producers for damaging it. Some things I remember are holes in the wall from ripping out the existing telephone lines, and from installing new ones; also the old lines were not reinstated after the show so the owners now have no phone service. And other nonsense.

Sounds like they really had a party (or four) in that house...

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Agree wholeheartedly with Steve_Tk: hilarious stuff! These girls are wack-jobs of the first order.

While I think Bob did well with some of his choices (the stunning goddess that is Karin, Estella, big-eyed, chesty blonde Kristy, a handful of others) he SERIOUSLY missed the boat on Shae. What a bombshell! Wonder what turned him off about her. She was a knockout, and a firefighter. A better combination I can hardly imagine (except for maybe knockout/belly dancer).

Glad he passed by the "saving herself for Bob" girl. She had a nice figure but her looks and personality were fairly bland. Ditto the sort-of-creepy Alanis twins.

Looks like Bob's gonna be getting some serious action if the previews are anything to go by. But he's in for a world of hurt when these psycho groupies get in their jealous/possessive mode...

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
This show would do well in HD. Who knows why Bob passed on some of these girls. Shae, the firefighter, may have been a little hard edged for Bob. Very pretty, but she looked a little uncomfortable all dressed up and hanging with the girls.

Bob does have some baggage and you wonder when he makes his decision if he is attracted to or put off by a girl who had characteristics of his ex-wife. Girls that we may think are great may not have come across well in person. These girls are all made up so heavily that you can't tell what is natural or glossed over. Again, the two piece displays in HD would be a major selling point.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see a regular guy with a personality and normal job rather than the typical wealthy, swimsuit calendar poster boy.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I too was floored that Bob passed on Shea. It may be rationalization after the fact, but I read that Shea said she just wasn't feeling the "Bob-love" the night they met.

Rob

Mike_Cif

Stunt Coordinator
How dare you all.. to watch this instead of arnold on FOX news discussing his views !!

shame shame!! :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The one that I think looks best with Bob would be Meredith (but she's made out to be the one that goes to the hospital). But it could just be editing and it's another contestant.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show gets more and more disturbing.

What is funny is how unattractive Bob becomes (in some of the women's eyes) gets once he gives them the boot and keeps some other "unworthy" contestants around.

Couldn't believe he booted Lindsay, the Clippers dancer right off the bat, but that entire crew almost all got the boot from him in the end.

Lee Anne is still a scary woman (she's been placed in the "crazed/focused" role for this season, I think).

I still think Meredith is the frontrunner at this point.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Lee Anne is leading the Bachelorette hate train at the moment.

Estella and Meredith seem frontrunners to me, both in looks and personality. Karin is certainly a goddess but is either supremely quiet or is edited into the background.

Psycho Eyes Brooke should have been booted. And can Mary shake her Latin thang or what? Damn!

Overall a "meh" episode. Boob is making some good choices and some bad ones, as far as I'm concerned. PAr for the series' course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks