What's new

Bob, The Bachelor (1 Viewer)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
If my prediction that Estella will be the last woman standing is correct, I think Kelly Jo has the inside track on the next "Bachelorette" gig. She may be a little young, but she certainly has the personality to pull it off.
I have been pulling for Kelly Jo, but you have just changed my mind. Come on Estella. Lets save Kelly Jo for another Bachelorette series that will have her in that black two piece for six or more episodes.

Actually, I agree that Bob is having way too much fun. Yeah, ditch the girl who wants the kids. He has other motives. Kelly Jo said she is more than patient and willing to wait. These two could be a fun party couple. I think Kelly Jo actually is quite like Bob in this regard. She certainly knows that there will be lots of appearances ahead of her after the waiting period is up.

Then even have the right name combination. Bobby-Jo, to go with Bennifer, etc.

Sorry, did I miss a chance to post that Kelly Jo would look good in a two piece? Oops, I did, ok.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, I can't beleive he picked Estella. I just don't see them as a good match at all. Maybe she sensed that he was not ready to make a real commitment and her telling him that she would be happy just going forward saved it for her. It was pretty obvious Kelly Jo wanted an engagement.

I loved how Bob asked Kelly Jo if she was upset. Hello captain obvious.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I knew Kelly Jo wasn't going to get the final rose because ABC gave it away with 2 comments:

1. Kelly Jo predicted she was going to get the final rose.
2. Bob's mom made the comment that Estella was the one that made an effort to get to know her, unlike Kelly Jo.

And given Kelly Jo's reaction to Bob's rejection, I think Bob probably made the right pick. Plus, she was too young, and maybe her personality outshined his, which might be offputting to a guy who's usually the life of the party.

Estella seems to be a stronger independent woman given her past, living on her own at a young age, and also have to deal with a parent's deafness (learning to sign before speaking as a child). I don't fault Bob for picking her.

derek

Second Unit
Ha ha my wife made the call about 10 mins before we knew. The showed clips of Bob presenting the ring in his right hand, in foreground, facing toward the ocean. They also showed clips of KJo and Estella w/ Bob...and Bob's position of him facing the ocean with Estella looking back at him (opposite of where KJo stood in the clips) was the giveaway. I think Estella's maturity and humility won out.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
People magazine mentioned this week that Estella looked the most like Bob's ex-wife. That was a reason given both for him picking her and not picking her. I have wondered from the beginning if Bob wasn't picking features and characteristics from his ex-wife. In the reunion one of the blonds asked Bob, "Why didn't you pick a blond?", or something like that. From the beginning I thought he would go for one of the girls with black hair. Not very scientific, but a produce of my experience.

Estella was also the most emotional about expressing her love to Bob and being a basket case over not being chosen. That can be very seductive to a guy like Bob whose ego was heavily crushed by a divorce.

Kelly-Jo would have been a good pick and match. I don't worry about who would outshine who. They would have bothhad a good time. Given Kelly-Jo's enthusiasm, I think they would have had a GOOD time.

Now on to the new Bachlorette. Got to be Kelly-Jo. Trista was cute, but Kelly-Jo is so much more poised and well spoken. Estella always sounded gigly and - pardon me - but a bit of an air head. Kelly-Jo sounded like she could say "I has been wonderful to meet you all but I have to leave to do the nightly news, Entertainment Tonight, an Ohio State football sideline interview, etc." She is sooo cute and did I mention before that we could get to see her for six weeks in her black two piece? Uhh, yeah, I probably did a few times.

Dudes, bring this babe back.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Bob made the right choice. Yeah, they might have had a good time together but that's not all it's cracked up to be. If all you have is a good time, that will run out eventually. I think Estella (if they stay together) will be much better for him in the long run plus they have compatible careers (real estate and mortgage broker as I recall).

I also guessed who Bob picked by the teasers/editing. The kicker was KJ's confident face shot vs. Estella's face in her hands shot sometime in the first hour. It was further confirmed that mom liked Estella better because she felt Estella was really interested in knowing her.

And what's up with that "crowbar" in KJ's dress? Sorry to say, my wife and I thought she looked like a hooker.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't figured out why Bob was even on "The Bachelorette" earlier if he still has commitment issues (fully opening up his heart) now.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Bob's ex
Estella much?

Bob also recently put his house up for sale. Is he moving to California? (he happens to live only a few blocks away from me.)

Bachelor Bob's Pad

The thing that bugged me the most was Bob's insensitive comment to Estella after she said she hopes to one day have someone love her-- "Do you think you'll ever find that?" What a jerk!

I hated the mother-in-law. She reminds me of my own MIL, all icy and controlling all the while saying that she is big on family. And I just hated looking at that woman. Her bouffant hairdo makes her look like she fell off a 1960's truck. She seems like the type of woman who started doing her hair and makeup 35 years ago and hasn't changed it since. I really wanted to brush out her hair and mess up that helmut look. It was nice to see her and her daughter share the same home dye.

I totally thought the brother-in-law had the hots for Kelly Jo. He really seemed to perk right up around her. Which probably would make sister-girl not want KJ to hang around the family too much. I think it is telling that the men in the family all seemed to like KJ but the women did not. KJ reminds me of a "There's Something About Mary" girl. The kind of girl that all the guys like, who is really fun and outgoing. But I would imagine insecure women would feel threatened by her. I think Kelly Jo would be an ideal replacement for Paige Davis on "Trading Spaces". She is that rare mix of perky and sexy. Usually women might possess one of the other of those two qualities, but KJ has them both.

This was my first "Bachelor" watching ecperience. Why did the women go shopping for engagement rings if Bob was also going? What was the point of that? I could see for sizing but they made it look like they were picking out which ring they wanted.

I thought it was telling that when Estella showed up for the picnic, Bob was all "You look great", when all she was wearing was an nondescript skirt and white top. Then when KJ shows up all "va va va voom" in a bikini top with her abs of steel, Bob didn't say anything to her. Glad to see KJ put on some more clothes to meet mom, but she should have sat up straight. When I first saw her at the table, I thought she was on a baby chair at first until I realized she was all hunched down in her seat. She looked like she was back in school, in a class she did not particularly like.

I thought it was funny how Bob's mom kept saying how nice it was for her children "to be raised" there by the lake. Um, last time I checked Bob was raised in Riverview, which is downriver from Detroit. Summer visits to a lake house is not really where you are "raised." And if you have to on and on about how great your family is and how close you are.. then you probably aren't.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I also like the way Bob said "we are at my lake house" when it is not his but the family's.

That is a little uncanny about Bob's ex, I wish I had seen that picture before.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Those sideburns are ridiculous for a 30 year old man. I thought only college guys were doing that. I would have picked Estella, she is funny and sarcastic. Kelly Jo just wasn't my ball of yarn, but would make a great bachelorette. And she looked best at the after the rose thing.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Why did the women go shopping for engagement rings if Bob was also going? What was the point of that? I could see for sizing but they made it look like they were picking out which ring they wanted.
It's called "product placement". Harry Winston paid for three infomercials, they got three infomercials.

Rob

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was stunned to find out that Bob Guinney has a CD coming out this Tuesday, and both Circuit City and Best Buy feature it in their weekly ads. It makes you wonder if Bob was just doing the show as a self-promotional deal, and not truly looking for a soul mate (which would make me feel bad for Estella).

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
According to TV Guide, Meredith Phillips has been chosen to be the next Bachelorette.

While I was entranced by Kelly Jo's curves, I found Meredith the most attractive.

SEXY COUNTER PROGRAMMING: Dodge is sponsoring a pay-per-view alternative to the traditional Super Bowl halftime show dubbed the Lingerie Bowl. For $30, viewers can watch women in lingerie playing tackle football. For $50, you can watch them get chased around the field by a 2004 Durango.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Oh man, Meredith?? No offense to anyone that thinks she's hot, but to me, she's so plain and boring. I think I'll pass on that show.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Meredith is ok and I don't think she'll really be that compelling. I can see her sobbing her way through the series. Even though I'm not a big fan of KJ, I do think she'd be much more interesting to watch.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Meredith is ok and I don't think she'll really be that compelling. I can see her sobbing her way through the series. Even though I'm not a big fan of KJ, I do think she'd be much more interesting to watch.
Guess I'll skip this sequel. Kelly Jo is the only reason is would have tuned in. She had it way over the other girls. Especially Estella. I think she is way more polished than Trista. I do see where she would tend to intimidate a lot of guys. That's ok. She will find a guy who has just as strong a personality and they will be fine.

The history of the Bachelor is that the guys seem to pick the second best. Trista seemed to have it together more. See if Meredith can show the same insight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Meredith was my pick at the very beginning of the Bachelor Bob edition, but she got side-tracked with the death of her grandmother, and never found her footing again. Plus, Bob probably did have Estella in the back of mind from the get-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks