Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Godzilla vs. Megalon on SciFi: Widescreen!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,767 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 03:17 PM

I was just flipping through the channels, and was just in time to catch Godzilla vs Megalon.... IN WIDESCREEN! This may not seem like a big deal to most of you, but for long time Godzilla fans like me, it was a rare treat. Maybe SciFi has shown it before, but it was a first for me.

Girl/boy Roxanne, robot Jet Jaguar, giant chicken Gigan, roach Megalon, and bambi eyed Godzilla were presented in beatiful 2.35:1. Ive never seen this movie look so good! The print was clean, colors were strong,and the sound was fine. Every previous incarnation Ive seen of this film has looked and sounded like a 53rd genration VHS dupe.

I may have to break out my MST3K version later on.

#2 of 3 John_Berger

John_Berger

Screenwriter

• 2,489 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 03:27 PM

SciFi is known for supporting widescreen. They were one of the first cable channels to show all or most of the Indiana Jones movie sin their correct aspect ratio. They have even shown movies in widescreen on weekend afternoons, which is just unheard of for a lot of channels.

#3 of 3 Grant B

Grant B

Producer

• 3,213 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 06:42 AM

I wish I had my HO Train village still....I would stomp on it in his honor!
"Whatever it is, I'm against it!" G. Marx

Sony TAE/TAP/TAN(2)9000ES;DVP-CX860 DVP-CX777ES
Sony CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355 CDP-CX270 CDP-CX355
Sony S-TS 700ES XPR32450Pioneer Elite CLD 79 KEFs (5) Q75s & 20B Subwoofer