What's new

B&K Ref 50 & Integra 9.4 (1 Viewer)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I have a Sherbourn amp (7 channel) and I am using a Denon 4802 as a pre/pro. I do want to get a dedicated pre/pro prior to getting married (which is comin' up soon). I am torn between the Integra 9.4 and the B&K Ref 50. The dealer I work with maintains that the Integra is right there with B&K sonically and maybe a little better. An opinion of course. Is the upgradeability, the remote, the software and the flexibility of the B&K reason to pay more? (Approximately $600) Unfortunately, I won't have the chance to listen to them at home. I could use a few of your opinions here. Are there any merits or drawbacks to either that I should be aware of? Thanks. I realatively new to all this.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Dejavu

I posted the almost very same question a month ago.
Here was the input from a few than.

B&K 50 or Integra DTC-9.4?

I ended up going with the B&K 50 over the DTC 9.4.
The B&K 50 has the better remote, presets, IMO better sound and the B&K can be upgraded while the Integra DTC-9.4 cant.

I get the upgrade bug too often and the B&K will retain it's value more over the Integra so I wont lose money if I was to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks