Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

babylon 5 season 4...When?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 of 33 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,971 posts

Posted August 16 2003 - 04:58 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows when we might get Babylon 5 season 4?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 33 OFFLINE   Britton

Britton

Supporting Actor

• 904 posts

Posted August 16 2003 - 08:33 AM

If it's the same amount of time between seasons 2 and 3, we should be getting season 4 in November. Personally, I hope they wait until January. Way too much coming out as it is.

#3 of 33 Guest_John Ford_*

Guest_John Ford_*

Posted August 16 2003 - 08:50 AM

Just 4 days after the release of season 3 and someone is asking about season 4. Is there any doubt about the popularity of this series. I love it. johnf

#4 of 33 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted August 16 2003 - 01:41 PM

Probably November or December.

#5 of 33 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 17 2003 - 02:13 AM

The later the better, for me. Don't get me wrong, I love B5, but my finances could use a break, I just bought Season 3. And with Indy, 24 Season 2, TTT (EE) all coming out in the next couple months, it's got enough hurt on it.

#6 of 33 OFFLINE   Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted August 17 2003 - 03:30 AM

I say get S4 and S5 out as quickly as possible. Even if I didn't have the buck now it would be available when I did and I could pick it up at will.

#7 of 33 OFFLINE   MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:05 AM

The sooner the better.

I can't believe some of you want it out later! You don't have to pick it up on release day. Speaking for myself, if there's too much good stuff coming out, some stuff stays at the store until I have the cash and/or time to watch it. Let those of us with self control enjoy it as early as possible! Posted Image

#8 of 33 OFFLINE   Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:27 AM

Well spoken. The sooner the better.

#9 of 33 OFFLINE   Britton

Britton

Supporting Actor

• 904 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 08:01 AM

It's B5 and therefore I MUST have it on release day. It's my favorite TV show of all time and I finished Season 3 in 3 days.

#10 of 33 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 08:17 AM

I'd just rather the DVD comes out when it is ready to come out, not sooner or later, but that's just me. Posted Image

Jason

#11 of 33 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,913 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted August 18 2003 - 01:02 PM

I'd much much rather see seasons four and five come out sometime early next year, say in the first and second quarters respectively. Follow that with the release of the other TV movies (2 per disc) and the limited run of Crusade.

#12 of 33 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:52 PM

Bah, nonsense. I have no $$ to spend but I still want them out ASAP, so that when I can buy them, they'll be available. Wanting it to come out later is just mean for the rest of us. I think November is our best bet for season 4, with season 5 in the spring of '04. I am going through season 3 like wildfire. It's like ice cream- I want to savor it, but it ends of consumed real quick.

#13 of 33 OFFLINE   DaveGTP

DaveGTP

Screenwriter

• 2,096 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 01:55 PM

I'll say, I thought season 2 was good, but, damn, S3 was twice as good! I am already hunting around on the internet, I can't wait for S4 on DVD after the S3 cliffhanger!
Matheson- "There are probably some who'll say that by doing this, we are interfering with their culture."

Gideon - "Probably. Screw them."
-Crusade, Visitors from Down the Street

#14 of 33 OFFLINE   Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 05:06 AM

Only a shadow would want them delayed.

#15 of 33 OFFLINE   Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 05:13 AM

After I get and watch the latest season on DVD, I follow it with the next season on tape. This time I also went through the 5th season (or most of it). Here is a trivia question. In the opening credits to the 3rd season, around or just after Ivanova says "it failed" you see 1 StarFury, kind of above the station, manuever down and take out another. Where does this scene come from? The rest of the shot with B5, is way too empty for this to be Severed Dreams. I don't believe it was from the practicing in Centauri tactics at the end of season 2. I tend to think this was created for the intro, but that seems odd.

#16 of 33 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 10:12 AM

The opening credits of the early episodes of Season 3 on the DVDs also include other things yet to be seen until later in Season 3. You could even call them spoilers.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#17 of 33 OFFLINE   Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor

• 656 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 10:29 AM

[quote] Only a shadow would want them delayed. [quote] No, the Vorlons would want them delayed, and would explicitly inform you when you would be able to buy it. The Shadows, on the other hand, would encourage you to attack the Warner Home Video headquarters and kill hostages one by one until they acquiesced and released it TODAY. Posted Image
Whenever the laws of any state are broken, a duly authorized organization swings into action. It may be the called the State Police, State Troopers, Militia, the Rangers, or the Highway Patrol THE CITIZENS AUXILIARY POLICE!!! These are the stories of the men whose training, skill, and courage,...

#18 of 33 OFFLINE   TimSniffin

TimSniffin

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 04:58 PM

[quote] The opening credits of the early episodes of Season 3 on the DVDs also include other things yet to be seen until later in Season 3. You could even call them spoilers. [quote]

Actually, with the acception of a Marcus scene from the first episode and a teaser shot of a White Star, all other images in the credits sequence were taken from Season 2.

Philip, the sfx shot of the Starfuries was done specifically for the credits sequence and was aired as such in the original series run. At the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5, you can even read JMS crypically respond to somebody's query about it at the time. Joe always seemed to like going for what he called "the bomb under the table" storytelling--he shows you ahead of time what's going to happen, but not how.

#19 of 33 OFFLINE   Lars_J

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted September 04 2003 - 02:28 AM

[quote] I tend to think this was created for the intro, but that seems odd. [quote]

You are quite correct, it was indeed created for the intro.
- Lars

#20 of 33 OFFLINE   Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted September 04 2003 - 04:32 AM

That is what I thought. I have seen the entire series a few times, and couldn't think of Fury on Fury combat except Severed Dreams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users