What's new

90210 on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
If ever there were a series that would be held up due to music rights, 90210 would be it. That show had SO many musical guest spots, it wasn't funny!

I've been hoping to get this released for a while. I have the entire series on VHS :frowning:, but the quality is slowly dying. 90210 is currently number 17 on tvshowsfordvd.com in regards to the number of requests for release. Make sure you go there and vote for it in season sets. I believe it would sell quite well...

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I think it would sell good too...I have my replayTV set to record the eps each weekend from FX, 6 total each weekend. Of course, I haven't hooked it back up since moving, so I've just been paying monthly for the service without using it for a few months....I need to hook it back up.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I would pick up about half the run. When they graduated college, it started to fall to crap.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Actually, Republic (via Artisan) currently holds the video rights. But very soon (possibly in '05) the rights will revert to Paramount Home Video.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great news indeed. let's hope for complete season sets but that is wishfull thinking.

I will get the pilot though

:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Then hang in there until 2005, Kenny. I'm sure Paramount will oblige you, once rights revert back to them.

Jerome

Second Unit
Japan has a lot of DVD for this TV series, I think the first two seasons, released in 2000 & 2001. Each DVD has only 2 episodes.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just wanted to comment on the cover art for the pilot episode which you posted earlier, David. The cover is EXACTLY the same art which was used when the pilot episode was released on VHS at least 10 years ago, right down to the last signature. It just seemed weird that every single detail of the VHS cover art is replicated exactly the same on the DVD........at least the front cover anyhow. It's not bad, mind you. Far from it, but after looking at it, I had to do a search on the VHS edition because it looked strangely familiar.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I posted it, I was 100% sure in my mind that it was identical to the VHS cover, but I didn't bother to go verify that. However, it makes all the sense in the world.

Go back to the article at TSoD where I said this was coming (it's actually streeting a month later than I was originally informed). Artisan is basically using the rights they paid for in any way they can, just in time to profit from them before the license expires.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you: it makes great business sense. And, as a fan, I doubt I'll mind grabbing this for under $10 and whet my appetite until Paramount gets around to season sets for it...who knows how quickly that will happen after the rights revert to them in '05?

But Artisan propably doesn't want to invest a whole lot more money into this release than they have to. So recycling the old cover art - which entices people who recognize that they have a VHS version of this to upgrade, because it's 10 years old and deteriorating - is actually to be expected in a lot of ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks