What's new

Sony headache (1 Viewer)

Mitch Crawford

Auditioning
Good morning/afternoon...

I am trying to fine tune the parent's HT. I yanked all of the RCA connections and chose to upgrade to s video and optical. I am now running into a problem with the TV.

Here is the set up... all comps are connected to the AVR.

Sony DVP-560 dvd player (S-video dvd in and optical to dvd in)
Sony SAT-A2 digital sat rec (S-video and RCA audio to TV/SAT in)
Sony SLV 585HF hi-fi vcr (RCA audio/ video to video input 1)
Sony STR-DE845 avr (S-video monitor out to TV input video 1 and RCA video monitor out to TV input video 3)
Sony KP53 proj display (audio out to video 2 audio input on AVR for cable TV sound)

The problem comes to me when I am select a different video function from the AVR. The TV automatically jumps to a video input... for instance, I select SAT/TV on the AVR, the TV will jump from video 1 to video 3 on it's own. Why is this unit doing this?
I have never had to deal with a problem like this and I would like to know if any of you pro's out there know how I can fix this. I want my folks to have everything connected through the AVR but it seems to be giving me some trouble. on the display side of the setup. Thanks and have a smooth day!

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
hi mitch...

i dont consider myself a pro by any stretch, but looking at your connections, is there any way to plug the s video and rca outputs from the avr to just the video 1 input of the television? i have component, s-video, and rca connections from my processor to the video 1 input of my television, and the processor switches the source automatically.

i may have completely misunderstood the problem, or your question, and if i have, please forgive me (as i said, im certainly not an expert!).

hope this helps, and good luck!

JackS

Supporting Actor
It sounds to me like you've made more than one Video out connection from your receiver. If all video sources are running through your receiver, a single S- out from the receiver (monitor out) to video 1 in on the TV should be the connection to make. This will display all sources on that input which is fine because you can only watch one source at a time anyway. If you are using a cable box, there may be a variation to this connection in which case, maybe someone else with experience can advise. Either way, I think the single S-out would be correct. Good Luck ,Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks