Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Stripperella" on TNN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 26 2003 - 04:55 PM

I thought this was HYSTERICAL. I was actually surprised at how many jokes there were. The scene with the animated wall revealing the tiny tv with the tin foil on it Posted Image That was classic!

Did anyone else find this more amusing than they originally thought?

#2 of 49 OFFLINE   Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted June 26 2003 - 07:03 PM

Tons of great stuff. I loved the Dr. explaining his reasons for wanting to make all models fat: his mother was a model, he was going to be a model and had was going to go to model school until he was disfigured in a model accident...and his grandparents were killed by models.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#3 of 49 OFFLINE   Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted June 26 2003 - 08:40 PM

Was that Mark Hamill as the villain? TNN squashed the credits and I couldn't check.
My Collection

#4 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 12:36 AM

Quote:
Was that Mark Hamill as the villain
The voice of the guy who gave Stripperella her assignments sounded VERY familiar. That voice was definitely from another cartoon (Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy)???????

How about when he was trying to get the automatic wheelchair to work and got pissed off:
"It's a good thing I'm not crippled!" and he threw it in the fireplace Posted Image

#5 of 49 OFFLINE   Peter McM

Peter McM

Supporting Actor

• 923 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 01:03 AM

Stripperella was definitely the best of the three new shows last night. But, sadly, that's not saying much for the other two. I thought giving the character Pam Anderson's barb-wire tattoo on her left arm was just a bit much.
I am Car Salesman of Borg. You will be assimilated with no money down and easy terms available.

#6 of 49 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 01:22 AM

I loved it, enjoyed some of the risque' statements like agent 69 and did you notice her grappling hook, it looked like a dildo before it opened out. I'm on this one, is it true widescreen, I'll have to wait for some with a widescreen monitor to tell us.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#7 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 02:31 AM

Quote:
is it true widescreen
That was the first thing I checked. I had the screen paused and made sure that when I expanded the picture (cropping out the black bars) that none of the picture got cropped as well.

It looks like it was an exact match Posted Image

#8 of 49 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 04:14 AM

Easily my favorite of the new TNN/Spike cartoons (of course, I couldn't even make it halfway through Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon). I don't know how much personal involvement Stan Lee has in this show, but the end result was pretty funny. The scanner in the tongue stud was probably what got the biggest laugh for me.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#9 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 04:31 AM

I just noticed that Tom Kenny does various voices. Maybe that the voice I recognized. It's probably the same voice from Sponge Bob (The announcer to Mermaid Man and the fish reporter)

#10 of 49 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 07:28 AM

Well I had a few chuckles (like the TV wall thing) but I enjoyed Gary The Rat more. *shrug*

#11 of 49 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,389 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted June 27 2003 - 03:58 PM

I thought it was pretty solid. TNN may have some cult classics on their hands.

#12 of 49 OFFLINE   Al Shing

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted June 27 2003 - 08:30 PM

The last act had obvious scan lines that were very distracting. This problem seems to occur a lot on this channel. I don't know what this channel does that causes this, but I don't see this on other channels. This is on a 48 in. widescreen HDTV monitor.

#13 of 49 OFFLINE   Ricky Cash

Ricky Cash

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted June 28 2003 - 05:28 PM

I didnt realize Stripparella was animated. I heard Pamela Anderson and figured well... it was something Pamela Anderson was in. She is pretty hard to look at these days, well for about the last 10 years. But I guess cosmetic surgery and bad makeup cant affect your voice. The descriptions in this thread sound pretty good. Think I'll give it a try

#14 of 49 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted June 29 2003 - 03:12 PM

That show was a lot funnier than it had any right to be.

"Man, that would've been hot five minutes ago."

Posted Image

I'll watch the next episode and hope it is as funny. Girls aren't too badly animated either. Posted Image

#15 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted June 30 2003 - 02:08 AM

Quote:
Girls aren't too badly animated either.
Yeah, I'm sure the animators are LOVING their job Posted Image

Where else can you go to a strip club for "research" Posted Image and then right off your expenses Posted Image

#16 of 49 OFFLINE   Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted June 30 2003 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
Was that Mark Hamill as the villain? TNN squashed the credits and I couldn't check.

Just watched a repeat (because TNN put too many commercials in on Thursday and my TiVo missed the ending) and the credits weren't squished until just after the last voice credit appeared. Yeah, that was Mark Hamill as the villan. And Kid Rock was "Stiffy Woods" the heavy metal singer.

The voice of Chief Stroganoff was Maurice LaMarche. He's done lots of stuff but I always recognize his voice as Brain from "Pinky and the Brain".

I also noticed a lot of jagged edges in the last act. It looks like they forgot to render it at full resolution.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#17 of 49 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,193 posts

Posted June 30 2003 - 05:15 PM

I caught part of it and have to say I thought it was funny. It's a lot like Son of the Beach in some ways, which is good, but it's also like other funny adult cartoon shows.

#18 of 49 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
The voice of Chief Stroganoff was Maurice LaMarche.
Yes! He did a lot of voices on Futurama.

#19 of 49 OFFLINE   JayV

JayV

Supporting Actor

• 612 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 02:06 AM

Maurice LaMarche was also the voice of The Brain on Pinky and the Brain.

-j

#20 of 49 OFFLINE   Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted July 01 2003 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for that newsflash, Jay. Posted Image

From three posts up:
Quote:
The voice of Chief Stroganoff was Maurice LaMarche. He's done lots of stuff but I always recognize his voice as Brain from "Pinky and the Brain".

Posted Image

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow