Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Attack of the Clones HBO-HD 6/14/2003 OAR?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 05:17 AM

Watched this movie Saturday night on Comcast HBO-HD. Apart from a few sections with very noticeable pixellation (lower bandwidth of Comcast? Does this happen on Sat HD?) such as the opening scene explosion, and the rotating shot around Anakin and Amidala during the courtship scene.

Also, I believe it was cropped to 16x9 on HBO, but not certain of the original AR.

The sound was very aggressive, and I found myself actually ENJOYING the movie this time around, much more so than when I saw it in the theater. I think it has something to do with paying more attention to the plot instead of the acting. Posted Image

#2 of 2 Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted June 16 2003 - 05:55 AM

Quote:
Also, I believe it was cropped to 16x9 on HBO, but not certain of the original AR.

It was definitely cropped from its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, which unfortunately is HBO's policy. I'm surprised you found the audio to be so agressive since it sounded like Dolby 2.0 to me. Still, the picture was noticably sharper than the DVD in many scenes.
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection