Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Flukeman LIVES!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 04:17 AM

I never see mention of him here except in relation to an X-Files DVD season review.

I thought he was one of the most unusual creatures to ever hit TV. I see mention of Cthulu (no doubt kicks ass) but nothing of flukeman.

I feel sorry for him.

He has many positive traits.
He's happy living in a sewer system but not too good to hang out in a porta potty.
He has a distinctive bite so you know it's his handywork.
He also leaves behind slime and you can sometimes hear him breathing prior to attack. One doesn't have to guess "who done it" since the slime is there. Also you know you're about to get wacked since you hear him breathing. At least one has a chance to say a quick prayer just before being offed.

And perhaps the best benefit of all, he can be chopped in half and still live.

Like it or not, Flukeman does have positive traits. Perhaps not the shear size and kick ass ability of Cthulu but but still special in his own way.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Julie K

Julie K

Screenwriter

• 1,963 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 06:52 AM

How can you compare a guy who lives in the sewer with an entity from outside time and space as we know it, who lies dead but dreaming for millions of years and who will one day return when 'the stars are right' to reclaim the planet and lay waste to petty investation known as Homo sapiens?

(Anyway, the Cthulhu Mythos has been established and entrenched in the minds of us Lovecraft freaks for a lot longer than the X-files has been around...)
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf."
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 08:19 AM

Julie is right. I would never even think about having flukeman flesh on my sushi plate with a generous helping of wasabi and soya sauce. No way, that's gross. Unlike the great Cthulhu, the most edible villain in the known universe. I can't wait until he emerges from the depths of space and time, and into a Japanese fishing boat trawling for squid (by my back-of-the-envelope calculations, the boat's fishing net would need to be the size of Nebraska...easily obtainable with current technology). Posted Image

The Japanese have been eating raw squid since before HP "Sauce" Lovecraft's time, by at least a thousand years. Definitely way before the X-Files.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Julie K

Julie K

Screenwriter

• 1,963 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 08:46 AM

Max, Max, Max,
Cthulhu eats you, not the other way around.

Although your suicidal desire to sample the Great Old One himself has given me a wonderful little idea for my very own Mythos story (it's a nasty habit, but all Lovecraft fans have to try it). It centers around a new brand of frozen foods, beginning with Cap'n Obed's Fancy Fish Stix and moving on the Cap'n Obed's Calamari Treat. They taste very good, but have some strange side effects...

It doesn't end well. Posted Image
"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 08:49 AM

Julie I must say that you're one of the most "special" people I've ever met on this forum.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Julie K

Julie K

Screenwriter

• 1,963 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 09:36 AM

Hey, at least I didn't start any threads about feeling sorry for some sewer dwelling Flukeman....

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
I didn't start any threads about feeling sorry for some sewer dwelling Flukeman....

How do you know that Flukeman and Cthulu aren't related?

They're both freaks.Posted Image

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted June 05 2003 - 07:13 PM

Mmmmmmm...I can't wait to get my hands on Julie's
fish sticks!
Posted Image
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
Cap'n Obed's Fancy Fish Stix and moving on the Cap'n Obed's Calamari Treat

What about Shoggoth's Old Peculiar?

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Julie K

Julie K

Screenwriter

• 1,963 posts

Posted June 06 2003 - 02:22 AM

Quote:
What about Shoggoth's Old Peculiar?

Posted Image That was a great story, wasn't it?

Forum Nav Content I Follow