What's new

WalMart $7.50 DVD sale (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
For Father's Day WalMart is selling quite a number of DVDs at $7.50. They had the last three Batman flicks (didn't see the first one) and all Lethal Weapon movies. I remember seeing Mad Max and Caddyshack 2 as well as Lost in Space. All 'guy' movies.

The place was packed and the baby was getting antsy for lunch so I picked up the Batman movies and Lost in Space and left.

Also FINALLY found Batman (60s) in the $5.88 bin.

I should note that this wasn't at my usual WalMart but a different one a little farther away. Chances are mine wont be doing the $7.50 deal or will have a poor selection (as usual). So you might want to look for a different store if yours is the same as mine.

-paul

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
The DVDs were on a shelf in the DVD dept. There was all 4 Batman Films = $30.00. All 4 Lethal Weapons, etc. Picked up Thirteen Days, an excllent blind buy if you have not seen it. Very well made movie about the Cuban Missle Crisis.

Later,

Chet

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
John Co, if you see any of these in town please let me know and I'll do the same. I went to Sawgrass today but the guy in the CD/DVD department didn't know of any such special.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
At the store I went to (SoCal) they were on a rack in the DVD section -- not mixed with the regular DVDs. But they were all crammed on a shelf - front cover facing out - in no particular order so it took some searching to find anything.

-paul

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Rob, Sawgrass is also the closest Walmart for me. I'll check Cooper City this weekend and let you know.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I've checked several stores in the Fort Lauderdale area and none of them seem to have the special. If anyone sees the special not to far away please let me know.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FYI, at my local store there was a sign that said "2 for $15" but you can buy one for $7.50. Wag the Dog was the only title I got.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I saw all the Batman's and all the Lethal Weapons at Walmart on Pembroke and University. The Walmart on Oakland and University had all Batman's plus Lethal Weapon 3 and 4. Paul when you say you saw Mad Max do you mean the first movie or Road Warrior? I've only seen Road Warrior so far. Has anyone seen any other Mad Max movies in the $7.50 section yet?

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Thanks Paul, I guess I got everything I wanted then.
Oh yeah and for anyone who is interested I saw and bought the Rescuers at the Walmart on Oakland Park and University for only $14.44.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Hmmm,

Strange. One of my wally world's is doing this deal (near my house) but the other wally world (next to my office) has all of these aforementioned titles (and others like Bedazzled, Simply Irrestible, Towering Inferno and many more) in the $5.88 bin.

Also in the $5.88 bin were all 3 Rambo Special Editions (individually of course). And I should mention that all the Lethal Weapons in the $5.88 bin were Director's Cuts (as I recall)

So I guess as usuall wally world is a BIG YMMV.

Good Luck

Greg

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Damn, all mine were $7.50 and the LW movies were all regular editions. Go figure.

How 'bout everyone else. Regular editions or Director's Cuts?

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My local WM had regular editions of LW 1-3. LW 4 was a Premiere Collection title, the only version out of LW4 (there is no Director's Cut of LW4). I have LW1 and 2 Director's Cuts, plan to add LW3 Director's Cut later, but got LW4 at WM.

Edit: P.S. -- I decided to pick up LW4 at WM based in part on the great review it got at DVD Verdict:

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/lethalweapon4.shtml

Edit 2: This HTF thread states that the LW4 disc IS the director's cut of the film:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=lethal+weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks