Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Harry Potter COS and Toshiba 2109

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Brian Alan

Brian Alan

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 03:30 AM

I am having all manner of problems with Harry Potter COS in my Toshiba 2109. It's definitely a player issue, because it's happened with two different discs. When I insert the DVD, the pre-menu sequence comes up, then the menu locks up. I have to turn the player off. When I turn it back on, the pre-menu sequence comes up again, and I can select "play movie" when the menu comes up. However, the sound starts dropping out intermittently almost immediately. What's interesting is that I've never had a compatibility issue before, and I've watched a lot of DVDs on that player. Is it time to step up to a new player?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,727 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 05:53 AM

The 2109 is four years old, and if the machine has seen a lot of use and has a lot of hours on it, then, yes, it looks as if it is in its terminal phase. Most DVD players are not known for ruggedness and durability and longevity.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephane

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted May 15 2003 - 06:34 AM

There is a new firmware upgrade for the 2109. I just had it done to one of my customer's units. it cost him $ 56.00 plus labour for the upgrade. So If you want the latest version of firmware, just go back to where you bought the player and send it out. Stephane Ottawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users