What's new

Harry Potter COS and Toshiba 2109 (1 Viewer)

Brian Alan

Agent
I am having all manner of problems with Harry Potter COS in my Toshiba 2109. It's definitely a player issue, because it's happened with two different discs. When I insert the DVD, the pre-menu sequence comes up, then the menu locks up. I have to turn the player off. When I turn it back on, the pre-menu sequence comes up again, and I can select "play movie" when the menu comes up. However, the sound starts dropping out intermittently almost immediately.

What's interesting is that I've never had a compatibility issue before, and I've watched a lot of DVDs on that player.

Is it time to step up to a new player?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The 2109 is four years old, and if the machine has seen a lot of use and has a lot of hours on it, then, yes, it looks as if it is in its terminal phase. Most DVD players are not known for ruggedness and durability and longevity.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
There is a new firmware upgrade for the 2109. I just had it done to one of my customer's units. it cost him $ 56.00 plus labour for the upgrade. So If you want the latest version of firmware, just go back to where you bought the player and send it out.

Stephane
Ottawa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks