What's new

Decent camera....? (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
I want to pick up a decent ($no more than $300) digital camera but I don't want to brak the bank. Taking pictures of my new HT room is about the only use I have for it. I want one that will do well in a poorly lit room and easy to use.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I would recommend Cannon. My brother and a good friend both have Cannon digi cameras. My brothers is an older 2.1 mega pixle camera and takes great shots. The friends is a 3.something and takes great pics as well.

2.1MP should be more than enough and should be able to be had for less than 300 smacks :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
lol... camera in HT construction... why not? ;)

I'd recommend a Canon A60 or A70 depending on your final budget... as you'll have to add the cost of a real memory card (128k minimum) and rechargable batteries and charger to the cost of purchase. I am mostly a 35mm user, but i have used both the A40 (older model) and the A60 extensively with very good and flexible results.

My favorite review web site has got to be www.imaging-resource.com ... if you want more reviews, check out the list at:

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ph...s/reviews.html

good luck...
Rob

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I took my pics with my wife's new Canon Elph 2 MP camera. It's nice, and I'd recommend a Canon. It was nice for my quick update of my HT pics, but the pictures don't compare favorably with ones I've taken in the past with my SLR.

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
This site is, by far, the best site for digital camera reviews. He includes 360 degree pictures of the camera as well as sample photos at most resolutions (use the dropdown menus in the reviews to see those -- and other things).

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, check out steves-didicams.com it is a great site. I went with the Canon PSS-30 3.2 mega-pixel. Durable, great battery, easy to use and takes great pics.

Scott

Kurt_M

Auditioning
I was in a pretty similar boat as Brian. We had an older (3 years) Olympus D-460 which had 1.3 megapixels. It worked ok for what we needed but then I dropped it on the lava while in vacation in Hawaii. After having one and knowing what my uses were I went after a much cheaper one to get by. I ended up picking out a cheap one up this past weekend at Aldi's grocery store (think no name brands grocery chain). It was $99 and and has 2.0 MP's. Great value for the occasional shot for my website or to email pics to friends. I don't plan on printing out and saving any photos so I don't need something real fancy.

Chip E

Screenwriter
More than you want to spend but, i use a Canon G3. Takes incredible pictures.. bout $700.00 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks