What's new

Receiver Cuts out - whats going on? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
This happens with my Pioneer receiver every so often. I will be playing it at, I'd say, above average levels. Then all of a sudden the sound will die down to a whisper compared to the level I had it at. I try turning off the receiver and turning it back on a few seconds later to see if that will correct it. It does but for only a few seconds before it dies back down to the whisper. So I eventually just give up and turn it off completely. Whats going on?

Is it overheating or what? How do I correct it? Matt

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
You killed it or it died on it's own, I guess.

Are you driving some exotic speakers? Doing anything weird with the wiring? Make sure you are using fat enough speaker wire. 12 - 16ga is so cheap these days I use it everywhere - why not.

If you aren't running all of the speakers "small", try that. It may take enough stress off the amps to help.

Otherwise it sounds like you need a tech...good luck!

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Matthew,
Is this a Pioneer elite?
A few of the tx-26 and others models suffered from a cold solder joint on the dsp board.
It is a rather easy fix.

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
No I'm not running any exotic speakers and this isn't the Pioneer Elite. I'm sorry I forget the model number but it's a system my father bought as a home theater in a box. It's probably 3 years old at least I'd say.
He ran new speaker wire so I wouldn't think there is a problem there. Perhaps the old Pioneers just cant handle the load for extended periods? Matt

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Did it have the problem before he ran new speaker wire?

Just a guess here, but you _may_ have a strand of one wire touching the other wire somewhere. Trace your connections and double-check 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks