What's new

SVS placement from tv (1 Viewer)

MitchKel

Grip
My 20-39 is supposed to be here in 2 days so I'm trying to find a place in my small (for the meantime) listening room. The best place I can come up with so far to get near a corner will put the driver about 32" from the lower left corner of my 36" Wega. I'm wondering if that'll be too close to the tube and start to color it. What kind of experiences have fellow SVS owners had with distances from the TV. I also guess balancing my center channel on top of the tv is a thing of the past so it looks like it's time to rearrange again! BTW, I have been nothing but impressed with Tom and SVS so far.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
32" should be plenty.
And if you don't mind a small amount of blu-tack on the speaker and top of your TV, you should still be able to keep it on top. This is assuming you mean you are concerned about the extra vibrations from the new sub knocking it off.

MitchKel

Grip
That is correct. I'd really like to find another CS400 so I could mount one on either side of my TV

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
my SVS25-31PCi stands next to my 29" Wega (maybe 8 inches away), although the Wega is on a console about 2-2.5 feet high which raises the tube away from the driver at the bottom.

no trouble at all with discolouration. but YMMV.

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
I have my PC+16-46 about three feet from my wega and no problems whatsoever.
BTW I have a Polk cs400 I wouldnt mind parting with if i could find a match for my BP8B's for a decent price.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks