Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

'Charade' Question (Spoilers)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   JonS

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 11:54 AM

I just saw this film for the first time last night, I loved it. I have one question, though. I am not a stamp collector or anything, but wouldn't the act of actually using the stamps by putting them onto an envelope, seriously de-value them?
Zombie New Human!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera

• 1,302 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 12:44 PM

I wouldn't think so, given the stamp itself is still intact. There'd just be a layer of paper attached to the back of it. Any stamp collectors on the Forum that could give a definitive answer?
"It is not, and never should be, the policy of the law to require the protection of the foolhardy or reckless few and therefore to deprive, or interfere with, the enjoyment by the remainder of society of the liberties and amenities to which they are rightly entitled." -unknown

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor

• 656 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 01:32 PM

I'm thinking this discussion might require SPOILER tags, as this is a major plot point in the film's climax... or am I being over-sensitive? EDIT: Oops... forgot about the subject header... :b
Whenever the laws of any state are broken, a duly authorized organization swings into action. It may be the called the State Police, State Troopers, Militia, the Rangers, or the Highway Patrol THE CITIZENS AUXILIARY POLICE!!! These are the stories of the men whose training, skill, and courage,...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,212 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 24 2003 - 02:04 PM

It is, but the thread title does have the word "Spoilers" in it. That's probably all you need for a movie of this vintage. As for the stamp, I'd assume it would retain its value as long as it isn't canceled. But, I'm nowhere near an expert.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

• 4,207 posts

Posted April 24 2003 - 03:20 PM

Usually, they would go down in value. If I had to do something like that, I'd probably use that art gum glue so that they could be rubbed off without any damage being done to them. However, if a stamp is one of a kind, who could argue over what it is worth? I was a collector when the movie came out, and I checked their prices and they weren't really worth half that much, but it was just a movie, and a great one! Glenn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users