What's new

Does this type of Ethernet music device exist? (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Pardon my ignorance...

I'm looking for a device that has an Ethernet port and either an RCA-out or a digital-out, so I can connect my receiver to my home Ethernet network and stream music to it from a computer in another room. This exists, right?

If so, any specific product names?

:D

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Also try either of these by HP

Or one of these by CD3O

The HP and the 2 cheaper CD3O models have analog outputs. The $249 CD3O has digital outs as well. They all have some SW that you install on the PC or PC's that have the content on them and then the receiver connects to your TV and stereo to display menu's, pictures and play the music. I am looking hard at buying one of these units. The HP's can be had at Amazon I think but I have found nowhere to buy the CD3) unit that is available other than there site. Hopefully in a few more months.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Bill pointed out the best one out of all the research I have done the Turtle Beach AudioTron. :emoji_thumbsup:

KyleS

Lee L

Supporting Actor
My problem is that I need something that will display on a TV. All my equipment is behind closed doors and I use a Xantech IR repeater to control it with a pronto. I have a 300 disk changer controlled by my Pronto with Supernudelist, a program that creates Pronto control pages with buttons that go to an individual CD. Of course I have many CD's that can't fit in the changer so I figured for the price of a another changer I would try to centralize everything. If I have to go up and open a door or get up to real some tiny 4x40 display, that is somewhat of a step backwards since now I can see the album I am selecting from anywhere in the room and most of the downstairs as well thanks to the range of the Pronto and the excellent reception of the Xantech receiver. Plus the devices that use the TV for a display can show pictures as well.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
That Prismiq is very interesting. If only you didn't have to install their software on the PC and it just used NFS mounts it would almost be perfect.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a Playstation 2, check out http://www.broadq.com/. I've had this for about a week and only played with it a few hours, but so far I love it. It not only allows for MP3 playback, but other audio formats, videos, and slideshows of pictures as well. With a wireless controller it's perfect. So far they have been very aggressive with trying to make updates as well.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Good point, Drew. You can also mod an Xbox to do it. That would probably be the best, assuming you don't mind the extra work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks