What's new

Rumored Rush DVD features (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
from melodicrock.com:

RUSH INTO RUSH ON DVD:
The following details were posted on a Rush newsgroup and as yet have not been officially confirmed, but it does make for interesting reading!

Rush In Rio DVD - Release Date July 9, 2003, 2 DVD Box Set
1st Disc will include the entire show of Rush playing to 45,000 fans in Rio. The track listing:
Tom Sawyer . Early Distant Warning . New World Man . Roll The Bones . Earthshine . YYZ . The Pass . Bravado . The Big Money . Trees . Freewill . Natural Science . Closer To The Heart . One Little Victory . Driven . Ghost Rider . Secret Touch . Dreamline . Red Sector "A" . Leave That Thing Alone . The Rhythm Method . Resist . 2112 Overture . 2112 Temples Of Syrinx . Limelight . La Villa Strangiato . The Spirit Of Radio . Bytor & The Snowdog/Cygnus X-1 . Working Man

2nd Disc will include "B" roll footage of live songs that were taped during previous tours. As well as a "hits" portion which will included videos that have not appeared on Chronicles.

Hemispheres-Complete (Hemispheres) . A Passage To Bangkok (Permanent Waves) . Jacob's Ladder (Permanent Waves) . Vital Signs (Moving Pictures) . The Camera Eye (Moving Pictures) . Digital Man (Signals) . Witch Hunt (Grace Under Pressure) . Red Lenses (Grace Under Pressure) . Time Stands Still (Hold Your Fire) . Lock & Key (Hold Your Fire - Music Video) . Show Don't Tell (Presto) . Scars (Presto) . Ghost Of A Chance (Roll The Bones) . Where's My Thing (Roll The Bones) . Cold Fire (Counterparts) . Nobody's Hero (Counterparts) . Red Barchetta (Test For Echo) . Half The World (Test For Echo) . Test For Echo (Test For Echo) . 2112 [Complete] (Test For Echo) . Ceiling Unlimited (Vapor Trails) . Between Sun & Moon (Vapor Trails)

A 60 minute documentary of the bands trip to Brazil. Behind the scenes and backstage footage. Including hotel, travel, and sound check. As well as all promotional appearances and interviews the band did on the VT tour that were recorded.

A different package will be released as well at a later date that will not be the 2 DVD set. It will feature the concert and select items only. The show will be aired on select cable and satellite global television across the globe.

-----------------------

The only thing on here that isn't on Rush's main site is the music videos. I certanly think it would be cool to have the rest of the videos that haven't been released yet, but somehow I don't think it would be likely that they'd have the Mercury stuff on here (Pre-Presto).

Just as an addition to this, the main site does say that the DVD will be anamophic widescreen and will be DD5.1 and DTS.

Jason

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Wow, if that's all true than it's gonna be a great set. Finally, a real Rush DVD (the lousy port of Chronicles doesn't count, IMO).

I'm confused a bit though. What are these unreleased videos for all those songs, concert footage? A Passage to Bangkok isn't on Permanent Waves, Witch Hunt isn't on Grace Under Pressure, etc. Unless these are concert footage from those specified tours?

I know this isn't official yet, but I'm still curious on what it means.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Sounds like concert footage from the various tours. They did play Red Barchetta on the Test for Echo tour for instance. Sounds like a great set, I'll be picking this one up for sure!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, it does look like some of those are concert clips, since they list 2112 for Test For Echo. (from the last failed attempt to film concert footage.) That would explain the older clips, since it is very possible that it might be from their personal collection...

Jason

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Excellent, I'm looking forward to having a Rush concert on DVD. If only A Show of Hands would make it to DVD at some point soon.

David L

Agent
I have to agree....Exit Stage Left and then the rest. Does anyone remember the vhs release "Grace Under Pressure Tour" that one must come next!

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Somehow I don't see Exit...Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure, The Camera Eye or A Show of Hands getting any decent treatment on DVD. They just aren't big enough sellers to warrant putting any effort into them. They'll be released eventually I'm sure, but it'll probably be of Chronicles quality. I have them all on VHS, so I guess that'll have to suffice for now.

Hmmm, this is going to be a very cool set if it all turns out like is rumoured.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It would be nice to have the P/G laserdisc on DVD, since it hasn't been out on home video in years. I guess the same could be said for Exit...Stage Left.

Course, we are up the the whims of Mercury for that stuff, and if Chronicles is anything to judge, it probably won't be worth it.

Jason

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Here's something interesting, from 2112.net:

Previous Rush VHS collections are expected to also be released on DVD. Just a month after the release of the Chronicles DVD, Anthem records confirmed remastering and rerelease of other VHS releases on DVD is imminent. "In terms of DVDs, we are working on releases of the following titles: Exit...Stage Left, Grace Under Pressure and A Show Of Hands. Right now there is no scheduled release dates but hopefully sometime within the first half of 2002." - Anthem Records (via email to TriNet), Nov. 13, 2001.

If their "remastering" is the same remastering that Chronicles got, then these will be disappointing. Still, better than not having them on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks