-

Photo

Woodstock: The Lost Performances LD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter

• 1,761 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 02:38 PM

Is this worth getting? I saw it at a second hand store but it was $25 or something. I don't believe any of the material is on the Director's Cut DVD except a single Janis Joplin track.

#2 of 4 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 04:25 PM

Melanie is on it! Posted Image

It's 68 minutes of Woodstock that you may or may not dig.
CS&N do Marrakesh Express and Blackbird, Tim Hardin If I Were A Carpenter and Joe Cocker Let's Go Get Stoned.
There's also Paul Butterfield, Arlo, BS&T, John Sebastian, Sly Stone, Canned Heat, Joan Baez and Richie Havens.
Oh yeah, Country Joe.

This sorta reminds me that I'm getting old and that the other day I was going through some of my Jerry Lee memorabilia and came across a 1970 issue of Rolling Stone. The Dead were on the cover and as I flipped through it all of the articles and reviews were of people and groups that I knew and cared about.
Whereas about 1% of a recent Rolling Stone holds any interest for me.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#3 of 4 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 06:52 PM

I owned this a long time ago but eventually sold it. I recall not being very impressed. Picture quality was quite a bit less good than the movie, and the performances weren't compelling enough to make it a keeper.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#4 of 4 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 05:04 AM

I wish that Warner would let Criterion do a boxset similiar to what they did with Monterey.