Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers w/ Inividual Adjustable Volume

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Spector

Spector

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 11:56 AM

Hello this is just a question about general speakers. I need to get speakers that have individual volume controls on each speakers for its in a restaurant and sometimes certain areas need to be louder than others ect. They do'nt need to be that great, maybe something that is only 50 dollars a pair or something but having volume control is more important than price. So if you guys have any ideas, let me know Posted Image.

Thanks

#2 of 5 Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 10:33 AM

You should be able to get them at Radio Shack – typically called an “L-pad.”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 5 Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter

• 1,869 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 12:44 PM

I think he wants a speaker with built in L-pad (volume control) for $50 a pair.

Usually the pro audio monitors have built in volume controls. I don't think a lot of home theater speakers have them.

Why don't you get a wall mount volume control like
some concealed inwalls, like these Impedance protected controls For $30ea. Then maybe get four of these inwall/ceiling speakers. $34each for 4

That should be in budget, provide "sound" that can easily be controlled.

#4 of 5 Mazant

Mazant

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 01:29 AM

Any luck finding those speakers? I'm looking for speakers for the same application

#5 of 5 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,519 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 15 2012 - 03:28 AM

You can also get a speaker selector that has this capability. Makes the distribution of power to the speakers easier too. http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=300-610
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein