Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers w/ Inividual Adjustable Volume

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Spector

Spector

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 11:56 AM

Hello this is just a question about general speakers. I need to get speakers that have individual volume controls on each speakers for its in a restaurant and sometimes certain areas need to be louder than others ect. They do'nt need to be that great, maybe something that is only 50 dollars a pair or something but having volume control is more important than price. So if you guys have any ideas, let me know Posted Image.

Thanks

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,910 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 10:33 AM

You should be able to get them at Radio Shack – typically called an “L-pad.”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter

• 1,869 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 12:44 PM

I think he wants a speaker with built in L-pad (volume control) for $50 a pair.

Usually the pro audio monitors have built in volume controls. I don't think a lot of home theater speakers have them.

Why don't you get a wall mount volume control like
some concealed inwalls, like these Impedance protected controls For $30ea. Then maybe get four of these inwall/ceiling speakers. $34each for 4

That should be in budget, provide "sound" that can easily be controlled.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mazant

Mazant

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 01:29 AM

Any luck finding those speakers? I'm looking for speakers for the same application

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,547 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted March 15 2012 - 03:28 AM

You can also get a speaker selector that has this capability. Makes the distribution of power to the speakers easier too. http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=300-610
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein