What's new

Which speakers energy take 5.2 or def tech pro cinema 80 (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Which speaker is better for movie watching Energy Take 5.2 or Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 80 series. I will be using a Marantz 4300 receiver. Will my cerwin vega sub match good with these or should I get the sub that comes with the system. David

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
My first HT system consisted of the Take 5.2. Ever since I replaced them I have been constantly palying aorund with the setup of the my current equipment to find a good balance. I never had this problem with the Take 5.2, I was always amazed by how it sounded for small speakers, without always having to play with the settings. Dont let thier size fool you, they sound much bigger then they are. Worth every penny they cost, wish I kept them for a bedroom system!

As for the Def Techs, I have some expreience with the tower speakers with the powered subs. I think they are excellent speakers for movies. However I dont know much about the Pro Cinma series, except what I see in ads and magazine reviews. If it comes down to price audition the Take 5.2 first. I even have my sub (the S8.2) from that system and am selling it if your interested.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Which is better: Coke or Pepsi? Baskin Robbins Chocolate or Bryers Natural Vanilla ice cream?

Is there a true "better" flavor?

No. It's a matter of taste and everyone's is different.

These two speaker systems both have a great reputation and it comes down to which one tastes better to you.

My advice is to take a favorite CD, not a DVD, and do some auditions. Music is more challenging for speakers and will show you things that you would not notice with a DVD soundtrack. And make sure it's music you are familar with. Buy the speaker system that emphasizes/shows things in the music you like.

The speakers that sound best for music should also sound great for movies.

Good Luck and let us know what you tried and buy.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I have a guy from HTF coming to calibrate my entire system. He is gonna bring some speakers to audition in my HT-living room. Taking about customer service. Thats awesome. I will let you guys know so keep watching it will be two or three weeks but I'll bring this back to the top. Thanks David

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
David,

I sent you an email the other day but haven't heard back from you. Let me know if you got it. If not, I'll resend.

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Bob M is a very smart man. :D This is exactly how to go about it.

Since both these speakers are small, you'll have to make sure that the frequency extension on your current sub reaches high enough for the satellites.

Good luck with the audition.
Take care.
Howard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks