What's new

Pal/NTSC question... (1 Viewer)

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum, as it deals with DVDs being played. :)

I have downloaded some homemade audio commentary MP3 files which were created using a PAL source. Now, what I would like to do is to create an MP3 file with the speed adjusted so that it plays correctly with an NTSC DVD. What I need to know is if there is a way to do this.

Alternately, is there a DVD program for the PC which lets one adjust the speed of a DVD being played, so that I can increase the speed of the DVD?

And, if either of these things can be done, what would the proper speed be? I've seen 4% and 4.167% for how much faster PAL is, and the math portion of my brain is on vacation right now.

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
you'll be fine actually. Going from PAL to NTSC is fine. It's when you go from NTSC (29.97fps) or film (24fps) to PAL that you run into problems

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Cool Edit Pro can do this.

1. Under Effects -> Time/Pitch -> Stretch

2. Under the Constant Stretch tab, change one of the following: Ratio to 95.833(or 4.167% slower; probably more accurate); Length to the desired duration(in seconds). Changing one will automatically change the other.

3. Under Stretching Mode select Time Stretch(preserves pitch).

4. Under Pitch and Time Settings select Choose appropriate defaults.

5. Save as new file.

Whether you want to convert the file to WAV first or edit/save directly to MP3 is your call. Good luck, because I haven't experimented with this much. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks