-

Photo

Rohmer in Canada, where is Tales of Springtime?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 27 2003 - 05:07 AM

I discovered this MGM release by chance on Amazon.com, but none of the regular Canadian etaillers have it listed. I was thinking of picking this and Pauline at the Beach up, but don't want to order from the US.

Any other Rohmer up here that I'm missing, or stuff that is being reissued in better versions than the Fox Lorber stuff? I'm primarily interested in his series works.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 05:38 AM

Yes, you probably want to wait. New editions are being released in France that include a bit of extra material and several of Rohmer's short films. The Moral Tales box set will be the first release. I imagine these releases will eventually get ported to England and hopefully the US as well, just like the Truffaut box.

A few of his films still remain unreleased, like Four Adventures of Reinette & Mirabelle, and a few more don't have a release with English subtitles, like Autumn Tale.
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 11:45 AM

Thanks Brook. I have three of the original FL releases of the Moral Tales, but would like to complete the "Seasons" set for a start. I guess I'll just hang on and see what comes up. It's too bad MGM isn't doing anamorphic transfers of their 1.66 films.