Rohmer in Canada, where is Tales of Springtime?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeff Ulmer, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I discovered this MGM release by chance on Amazon.com, but none of the regular Canadian etaillers have it listed. I was thinking of picking this and Pauline at the Beach up, but don't want to order from the US.

Any other Rohmer up here that I'm missing, or stuff that is being reissued in better versions than the Fox Lorber stuff? I'm primarily interested in his series works.

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Yes, you probably want to wait. New editions are being released in France that include a bit of extra material and several of Rohmer's short films. The Moral Tales box set will be the first release. I imagine these releases will eventually get ported to England and hopefully the US as well, just like the Truffaut box.

A few of his films still remain unreleased, like Four Adventures of Reinette & Mirabelle, and a few more don't have a release with English subtitles, like Autumn Tale.

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Thanks Brook. I have three of the original FL releases of the Moral Tales, but would like to complete the "Seasons" set for a start. I guess I'll just hang on and see what comes up. It's too bad MGM isn't doing anamorphic transfers of their 1.66 films.