Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Justice League Season 2: October 2003

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 07:13 AM

Toon Zone was able to catch up with Stan Berkowitz to quickly comment on Cartoon Network's announcing October as the second-season premiere date for Justice League.

According to Berkowtiz, a healthy amount of the second season is already completed.

"I'm very proud of the eleven half hours I've seen," said Berkowitz. "Our artists, here in Sherman Oaks as well as in Asia, have outdone themselves, and so have our post-production people - editing, music, sound effects, etc. Our actors have all shown amazing virtuosity and versatility, and our stories are truly ground-breaking."

While waiting seven months for new episodes may seem like a long time, Berkowitz is trying to put a positive spin on it.

"While you wait for October," said Berkowtiz, "try to take some pleasure in the fact that it seems a long way away; when you get to be my age, time goes by all too quickly."

Berkowtiz also mentions that a Justice League panel at the 2003 San Diego Comicon is a possibility. Stay tuned for interviews with Dwayne McDuffie, Bruce Timm, Rich Fogel, and Jason Hall later this week!

Discuss this news at the DC Animated Universe Board.

Boy does this seem a long time away!Posted Image

#2 of 9 Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 08:40 AM

Yes but good things coe to those who wait. Posted Image

I just hope that the network that broadcasts it up here (YTV) at least gives us both versions (widescreen and the awful p&s verion). I'll be content if they do. Posted Image
They currently only air the open-matte version and it's shown about 3 times a week (once on Monday evening, once on Saturday afternoon and then again late on Saturday night).

#3 of 9 KerryK

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:03 AM

Rob, I think they also show it in the afternoons. I don't work on Friday and I sometimes watch it. Around 4 or 5, I think.

#4 of 9 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted March 25 2003 - 09:51 AM

I usually tape it when they rerun it on Saturday mornings. They usually air complete hour episodes then, too, which I'm a big fan of.

#5 of 9 Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
Rob, I think they also show it in the afternoons. I don't work on Friday and I sometimes watch it. Around 4 or 5, I think.

That was just for 2 weeks for some promotion thing with some cereal company. Batman: Beyond and X-Men: Evolution were also part of the promotion.

#6 of 9 Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 12:18 AM

Rob, a few months back I read were the creators of the show are doing something VERY different this season. It seems that they were annoyed at some of the resistance that the network was giving them in regard to airing the show wide vs. full screen.

In the past, they didn't animate the show with a certain design in place. They did the show to were it would be shown either way and that was that.

This coming season though, they are drawing the show with widescreen in mind. Therefore if you watch the fullscreen version of it, you will be missing information. Only with the widescreen will you get what they, the artist, want.

If I can find that article I will put it here...but I honestly don't recall where I found it with all the websites that I go on.

And you are right...good things to come to those that wait...here is to hoping that Season 2 gives us more Diana!

#7 of 9 Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 02:51 AM

yeah I know. I read about that a while back which is why I hope that YTV at least gives us a choice between the 2, but I'm kind of doubting their intelligence until they prove me wrong. Posted Image

#8 of 9 Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 03:17 AM

Come on Rob...who more can you trust on their word than the media.Posted Image

#9 of 9 Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 26 2003 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image