What's new

Sony Wega + Crawly Things (1 Viewer)

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 27in. Sony Wega (FS12-I think). It is hooked up to the Dishnetwork via an S-video cable. The problem I am having is that whenever there is anything on the screen with a black or dark background there are crawly looking blotches all over the dark background. Is there a Fix for this (tv is still under warranty)? Any suggestions would be welcome.-------------Thanks, Tom Weeks

John_V

Agent
I'm don't think there's anything wrong with your TV. That's the compression artifacts you're seeing. All digital sources (satellite, DVD, HDTV) are compressed....some better than others. Satellite TV (especially the local channels) are highly compressed, the result being you see artifacts (blocks, blotches, crawly things). It's most noticeable on dark backgrounds and/or fast-moving scenes.

A couple things you can do: downgrade from s-video to composite video for your satellite. It'll soften the picture as well as the compression artifacts. Also turning down the black level on your TV will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixoci
Recent bookmarks