What's new

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1 Viewer)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Am I correct in finding that there is no DVD release of this title? Does anyone know if it will come to DVD in the near future? If not, who's arm do I need to twist to get this wonderful comedy noticed?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
If not, who's arm do I need to twist to get this wonderful comedy noticed?
The makers of Bon Ami? ;)

Actually, I believe Universal still holds the rights since it's VHS edition is still in print and readily available. Based on Universal's recent release of similar movies (same style, same era) such as Strange Bedfellows and Man's Favorite Sport--and its stated desire to release more catalog titles--maybe this favorite won't be too far behind.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Universal released a Letterbox double feature LD of Ghost and Mr. Chicken and The Reluctant Astronaut a few years back and I'm holding on to my copy tightly until Universal gives it a DVD release. I'd love to see all Don Knotts' Universal films issued on DVD.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this is a favorite and should be given a proper widescreen release, with commentary (or at least interviews with Knotts). A fun Vic Mizzy score makes this one a treasure and I wish I had it. :frowning:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Assuming they were OAR I'd buy the following in a heartbeat:

The Ghost & Mr. Chicken
The Reluctant Astronaut
The Shakiest Gun in the West
How to Frame a Figg

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I would love an OAR version of this film on DVD, with a commentary by Don Knotts. I read somewhere that the Attaboy Luther refrain was thought up by Andy Griffith. I would love to hear any anecdotes from Don about this wonderful, funny film.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What? Only eight of us want to see this gem on DVD?
I am surprised!
It has a wonderful score, it is CLASSIC Don Knotts, and so many character actors.
(But Good Burger is eagerly awaited):rolleyes

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in!!

My keyboardist in High School figured out that cool Bach-esq organ theme used in the film, and would always perform it during his open solos.

A really FUN film!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just watched it again today on Starz. You know, Pan and Scan really blows. Watching an actor talk to another actor offscreen, when you should be able to see both of them, is really irritating.

Does anyone know the aspect ratio of this film?

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
It's 2:35 and has only been released properly on laserdisc ( which I own ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks