What's new

****.... Lost my second inbox... Recovery possible? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I tried system restore, after accidentally deleting the inbox 2 instead of the message inside of it, and that didn't work. I'm using Outlook 6. Any help will be GREATLY apprecaited.

I don't think there was anything important in there, but I'll be damned if I can remember what they where.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know if you stored messages locally or on an Exchange server but, try searching for anything ".pst" - like neil.pst or something similiar. PST is the file extension for MS Office e-mail files that store your messages, calendar, folders etc. You may have several of them so (depending on the amount of e-mail you had) look for .pst files in the 50mb range or larger. Also make sure when you do the search, set the options to include Hidden Files and Directories because it will not show .pst files by default. Sorry for the loss but with any luck this will help.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, I didn't find any .pst files, bt I resetted my computer after de-hooking my old hard drive. I looked in the Deleted Files part of Outlook, and there it was hidden. I'll be damned..

Thankfully it's not lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks