Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Where's the complete DVD release history?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 StephenT

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 06:15 AM

DVD Empire has a nice feature where you can look at future releases in alphabetical order within a release date. The problem is once that date passes I can no longer look at DVDs for that day in that manner. Is there a site that has this complete release history? I mainly want to look into the recent past, but what if I wanted to know what came out on a Tuesday in March of 2001? So basically the history of DVD by release date, is it anywhere?
Stephen

#2 of 6 Burt Vanlandingham

Burt Vanlandingham

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 11:23 AM

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but this is the only answer I have. If you use DVD Profiler to catalog your DVD's you can easily find the release date for most DVD's.

If you click on Add DVD To Collection and then click on the Add By Title tab, a window will pop up with a list showing inforation on Title, Year, UPC, Region and Release Date. You can even filter it to a specific date range.

This is the only way I know how to get release information on past titles.

#3 of 6 Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 02:59 PM

http://hometheaterinfo.com/dvdlist.htm has all the information you need.

#4 of 6 Burt Vanlandingham

Burt Vanlandingham

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 11:20 PM

The DVDList is an invaluable resource, but if I'm not mistaken I believe it lists past DVD release information as "out", "discontinued" or something like that. It only lists future releases with a date.

#5 of 6 Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted January 30 2003 - 03:08 AM

They have backfilled all the older entries with the release date.

#6 of 6 StephenT

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted January 31 2003 - 08:08 AM

Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

The fact you can take the data and put it into a DB and query it makes it even better.
Stephen