What's new

Where's the complete DVD release history? (1 Viewer)

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
DVD Empire has a nice feature where you can look at future releases in alphabetical order within a release date. The problem is once that date passes I can no longer look at DVDs for that day in that manner. Is there a site that has this complete release history? I mainly want to look into the recent past, but what if I wanted to know what came out on a Tuesday in March of 2001? So basically the history of DVD by release date, is it anywhere?

Burt Vanlandingham

Auditioning
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but this is the only answer I have. If you use DVD Profiler to catalog your DVD's you can easily find the release date for most DVD's.

If you click on Add DVD To Collection and then click on the Add By Title tab, a window will pop up with a list showing inforation on Title, Year, UPC, Region and Release Date. You can even filter it to a specific date range.

This is the only way I know how to get release information on past titles.

Burt Vanlandingham

Auditioning
The DVDList is an invaluable resource, but if I'm not mistaken I believe it lists past DVD release information as "out", "discontinued" or something like that. It only lists future releases with a date.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

The fact you can take the data and put it into a DB and query it makes it even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks