-

Photo

Anyone here purchased from Crazy Eddies?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 MichaelSholl

MichaelSholl

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 03:04 AM

Just wondering if anoyone has purchased from there? price for a Mits WS-65311 is $500 cheaper than Sears...

Any advice... Are these new, refurbished? I am thinking of driving up to pick it up myself.

Help...Thanks

#2 of 5 Juan_R

Juan_R

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 03:08 AM

I purchased an HTDV from them two years ago, everything went fine. The serial number was there and everything, this was for a Toshiba though. I have heard of some bad stories about them so be careful.
Juan

#3 of 5 James Owen

James Owen

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 03:22 AM

I purchased a 36" Panasonic HDTV Monitor from them in August 2001. The tv was delivered in 3 days. The only problem I encountered was the delivery man showed up by himself to move a 250lb tv into my house. My wife was home and could not obviously help him. I had paid $50 extra to have the tv delivered into the house by two people and I didn't think dragging it across the sidewalk into my house was what I paid for....They ended up refunding my $50 with one phone call. The product has worked great and it did have a legit serial number. I would buy from them again.

#4 of 5 Jason Hartman

Jason Hartman

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 11:48 PM

I bought my Denon AVR 3801 Receiver from them about 2 years ago. I got a "crazy" price from them and it was about $400 cheaper than i could have bought it locally so i thought it was worth a shot.

So far, no problems with the unit at all and no problems with Crazy Eddie's in general.

Buying a RPTV might be a different story though. Harder to ship it back to them if theres a problem. But that goes for ANY online retailer.

Good luck!

Jason
My Home Theater:
Toshiba 65hdx82 65" HDTV
Scientific Atl. SA3100 HDTV Cable STB
Yamaha DV-C6480 Prog Scan DVD Changer
Denon AVR-3801 ReceiverNHT SuperCenter and SuperOnes

#5 of 5 John_Drake

John_Drake

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted January 28 2003 - 02:50 PM

I purchased a Sony 400 disc CD changer from them a year ago. They had the best price around. First, it took almost a month to receive it. When I got it, it had trouble loading CD's from the carousel into the player. I called them about the trouble and although the tech I spoke to seemed a bit annoyed, they took it back and sent me another one. The second unit was better, but I still had sporadic trouble with it loading CD's into the player. (it wasn't my CD's, I keep them immaculate and played them daily on a 12 year old JVC CD-Player). I called them again and this time they were really annoyed and told me to call Sony for repair. I called Sony, had it shipped to a repair center, they replaced a couple parts, and now it works great!
The bottom line though, is that I probably would not buy from them again; I can't be sure of the quality of their products. I do use their low price adds to haggle with more reputable stores. That's how I got a great deal on my 65" Toshiba at PC Richards.
Buyer beware...
Deo, Regi, Patriae!