What's new

Zero Hour on ABC (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I caught the premier for this on the 14th and actually liked it quite a bit. I found it a bit rough around the edges but will chalk that up to being a new cast getting used to each other. I definitely dig the plot line but I'm just not sure though how they will get three or even four or five seasons out of this.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by spshultz
I caught the premier for this on the 14th and actually liked it quite a bit. I found it a bit rough around the edges but will chalk that up to being a new cast getting used to each other. I definitely dig the plot line but I'm just not sure though how they will get three or even four or five seasons out of this.
Everyone keeps trying to build the next "LOST". A show like this really should look more to "X-Files" for inspiration. If they get him an "in" into an unusual word and he has lots of events of the week while background chasing down the main story, it can move along fine.
It bothers me that scriptwriters seem fixated on all convoluted plotting in order to be a success.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I was thinking last night while watching the second episode, if they made this into a "American Horror Story" like show where you get a new "Zero Hour" conspiracy theory each season then I can definitely see this spanning multiple seasons.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
mattCR said:
Everyone keeps trying to build the next "LOST".   A show like this really should look more to "X-Files" for inspiration.  If they get him an "in" into an unusual word and he has lots of events of the week while background chasing down the main story, it can move along fine.
Or more recently, Fringe.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
About half way through the second episode and I'm enjoying the show. Didn't really think Anthony Edwards could pull off the "semi-action hero" part when it first started, but he's really pretty decent. Not sure this will run one or even two seasons, might have done better as a mini-series type of show, but it's early. Revolution is still going, so this might also make it.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I lost faith in this show when they go find the tank. I mean, really? Vast wasteland of nothing...and "nobody" sees something sitting there for 60 years?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
I lost faith in this show when they go find the tank. I mean, really? Vast wasteland of nothing...and "nobody" sees something sitting there for 60 years?
I'm there with you. Thought it started well, but it's just not working for me any more. Dropped it off the DVR schedule. Usually give new shows more of a chance, but this one's going nowhere.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
its been canceled anyway.
Thanks for the info. Looks like I finally got one right, realizing this would probably fail and I bailed pretty quickly.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
My DVR caught two "new?" episodes on the 15th. I'm really wishing they hadn't canceled this. Most likely they were just running them out. At least we now know what was in the big box in the back of the truck.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Same here and it did seem like the show was just hitting its stride - I guess it took too long to get there.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I did read that the show was contained...So their will be an ending at the end of the unaired episodes. That being said. I missed the 2 episodes that just aired. Ugh.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm sure you can find them on whatever your service provider uses for "on-demand". For instance I use comcast and they are available both online and on the tv still.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
so - watched this till the bitter end. Anyone else? Thoughts? At least they wrapped the storyline up and it was cool seeing Amy Irving again. Her character was pretty good if a bit trite as written (the religious nutjob). I wouldn't mind seeing her do some more roles on the small screen.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Perhaps I'm just a simple minded buffoon but I quite enjoyed this show. I was hoping for a little more "out there'ishness" at the end but it was wrapped up and now I can move on.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
spshultz said:
Perhaps I'm just a simple minded buffoon but I quite enjoyed this show.
I can relate! Many times I walk into a thread here thinking that everyone enjoyed the topic being discussed only to find much picking of nits - I always think the same thing.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I watched until the end...just to see what happened. Was surprised they killed off the "wife" when they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks