What's new

You Want Fry's With That Player? (1 Viewer)

Bryan Guth

Agent
Hey guys:

Tomorrow is the grand opening of Washington's first Fry's electronics store. Does anyone (such as you Californians) have feedback about this chain? What brands they do sell (specifically for DVD players and receivers/amps) and how do they compare to The Good Guys or similar stores? Any input would be appreciated!

Devin U

Second Unit
Here in Arizona at Fry's, the prices seem to be good, but I dont think the service and technical knowelge is all that great. My store in Tempe, AZ carries H/K and Onkyo as well as the standard Best Buy fare. The store here has a couple of speaker demo rooms, but one room is Bose, and the other one is Cambridge Soundworks. They will occasionaly have really good deals on closeout gear. And they carry most Criterions for under MSRP, and have great prices and selection on DVD's as well.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the Fry's in Wilsonville (near Portland) has the largest DVD selection in the PNW, (and they price match local stores) but i imagine that that may change with a store opening in the Seattle market. as Devin mentioned, the technical knowledge of the employees leaves something to be desired, if you are looking for accurate information, it is best to look elsewhere.
be an informed consumer and you'll be better off.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
They have a great return policy, but beware! If you say that this doesn't work, you'll get a credit and they will wrap it back up and put it back on the shelves! Sometimes this is because the buyer didn't know what he was doing, but sometimes the goods are messed up.

The return stickers on some packages help to give that away, but they do have their own shrink wrap machines in the back. For the smaller stuff, check all six sides of the box before you even think about buying it, unless you're cool with making another trip to return it.

Glenn

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
We have a Fry's here locally in San Marcos, CA and I am a frequent customer. It used to be that Fry's had the most return rate of any major retailer, but I don't know if that is true anymore. I prefer to go there because their prices are really low on SOME items and equal to or higher in some instances to CC and BB. One curious thing is that while they will price match anything you can get at CC and BB they will NOT price match off their own website www.outpost.com. However, CC and BB will!! Yes, they do have a huge selection of DVDs at reasonable prices. Actually, I try their website first and if they don't have it there, then I go to their store.

Bryan Guth

Agent
Thanks guys! It looks like if nothing else I have one more place to shop for DVDs! I'll let you know what I think at a later date!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks