What's new

Yikes...Memory Card Error! (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Can anyone recommend a utility (preferably freeware, shareware or something with a working demo) that can be used to extract image files off a corrupt CF card? I've got a 1GB Sandisk card that just gives a "Memory Card Error" notice on my Canon PowerShot. I'm unable to transfer any images either through the camera-USB link or through a dedicated media card reader. On the same track, does anyone know what the going rate is for using a service to extract images from a memory card if I can't find suitable software?

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
There are a number of utilities out there... Google "compact flash recovery" and you'll find several.

On the Mac, I've used "Picture Rescue". It will let you scan, and recover one file at a time for free. Registration allows bulk recovery. I think most apps like this work the same way.

A quick Google found:
www.datarescue.com
for PC based recovery.

-Scott

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Thanks for the tips. After trying the Picture Rescue demo I went ahead and bought it. I've used other products by Prosoft in the past, so I knew they were reputable. Looks like I was able to recover about 70% of my pictures. I may be able to piece together some of the remaining 30% using Photoshop.

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
Thats good that you got your photos back even if its not all of them.

Which Canon are you using?

Have you gotten the card to work again?

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks