What's new

XM radio or Sirius and why? (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
My father is about to pull the trigger on satellite radio for a couple of his vehicles. I wanted to try to give him some quick insite regarding which is better.

Can any of you fellas give me some good points and what to look for? Recommendations?

Thanks!

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Okay. Now that I realized that this part of the forum exists I spent two minutes here and made a Sirius decision.

Oh my I am so funny!! :D

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Sounds like you made the best decision. Let us know what equipment he gets. Don't let him be persuaded by the salesmen. Sometimes they push XM over Sirius, because they may get spiff.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I went with Sirius based on commercial free music and NHL broadcasts.

XM is more like FM radio with less commercials.

My opinion is the equipment is still in the too new stage. Over the next year or 18 months users will see a few new products introduced to make the satellite radio even experience better.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, admittedly, like I said, I ended up with Sirius because of their children's music offerings and talk radio outlets. Strange, but true ;)

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
You need to listen to both and pick based on what channels you want. Examples, if you want NHL, pick Sirius. If you want BBC live concerts, pick XM. There are plenty of specialty channels on both. It was an easy choice for me. XM has XM Music Lab (51) which is a progressive rock station. That is what I bought the radio for. Nothing like it on Sirius. Easily worth the money for me.

DennisF

Grip
Let me make this my first post on HTF to say that I GOTS THE DOG ON !

Seriously, Sirius rocks. :emoji_thumbsup:

I look at it this way. You can pick between programming features that each service is strong or weak in. These things are subject to change. What is not subject to change is the commercials.

NO commercials == NO brainer.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
You need to listen to both and pick based on what channels you want.
I agree. For me the reason I chose XM was sports talk. Sirius only has one real sports talk station, ESPN Radio. XM has that along with Sporting News and Fox Sports Radio. You can get NBA and NHL broadcasts with Sirius though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks