What's new

XM has called us 30 times in the last 3 weeks (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Many times two and three times in a day. We bought a 2007 Envoy in November and after the 3 free months were up we didn't subscribe. They would call once in a while, always in the morning or early afternoon. It is my wifes car, my wife handles the money and those sorts of things. I told them every time, she is a teacher and you need to call in the evenings or the weekends. The last two or three weeks they are calling every single day, and refuse to call when she is home. Yesterday they called less than two hours apart, both during the day. She was going to take them up on them up on the $77 a year offer we got in the mail, but now she isn't because they can't bother to call when asked. Is it really too much to ask for them to call at an appropriate time when they can speak to her? The operator told me they have no way in their system to make notes about times to call, and I find that very difficult to believe. I'm sorry if I sound like a cry baby about this, but it's really starting to get on my nerves.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brent,

That is awful. These guys are as bad as telemarketers.

I suspect that they are dealing with too many operators
and no communication between them.

The $77 offer is a great one. I would grab it, but then again,
I would not blame you if you turned it down based on your
experiences here.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
It's tough as I don't want to miss out, but some times its just the principle of the thing. Oh, by the way, they called two more times today, within a span of 3 hours.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Probably because they are telemarketers. Many companies farm out this sort of work to subcontractors, sometimes more than one, rather than do it in house. Odds are whoever is calling has no idea who else called and no mechanism for communicating with other operators or XM. They just call when Brent's number comes back around in the queue. The only way the calls will stop is when Brent signs up, either by phone or by responding to the mailing, at which point the sales info will get routed back to XM and they'll drop his number from the phone database provided to the contractor. Or he could call XM direct and tell them to stop the calls. That way he knows he's at least reaching the company. Telling the sales caller from who-knows-where isn't an effective strategy. (Or, if he has three-way calling, he can put the sales guy on hold and call XM customer service on the other line, the conference everybody in and have some fun. :D)

Regards,

Joe

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I find myself upset or bent out of shape for things not really worth the effort. If it's a good deal and if you can get the deal for her and no issues. I say take the deal and that will stop the calls and you're wife has satellite radio for another year at a reasonable cost. They will always call for the business that's what they do, but the principle behind getting them to call your wife IMHO is not worth the aggrevation. It's not a win or lose thing, it's just telemarketing business and a product you want. Choose the product, kill the calls especially if it's your desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.