What's new

World of Warcraft (2 Viewers)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
well, i got on at about 6:30 today and played until 10:30. my eyes are bloodshot.

i started skinning from lvl 1 and i am currently up to lvl 75 and have already began to make profits at the auction house. i have already made 50 silver easy and this is off of very low level stuff.

thanks for the guidance. there are some items that are immediately bid on as soon as i post them. i am going to keep at it and hopefully by the time i reach lvl 40 i can afford my mount, the harness and have enough left over for whatever other skills pop up at lvl 40.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
whoever put me on to the mining/skinning skills i have to thank whole heartedly.

if i had as much time to play as i wanted i could be a very wealthy orc. it is unbelievable how much money i have made in such a short time period.

having money makes the game much easier.

thanks again.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I've started doing runs of the Molten Core with my guild, talk about intense!! Managed to take down Lucifron on our first run, but after a couple wipes on Magmadar, we called it a night. Plan to start farming it on a regular basis, our major drop from Lucifer was epic druid set gloves.

Here is a pretty lame picture of him dead, and yours truely from Saterday night when we beat him. Valor shoulders and Gholem helm have both been replaced with respective LF peices since.

http://www.newfoundwang.com/pics/lucifrondead.jpg

Edit: Please excuse the sloppy UI, I just switched to CTMOD and have not removed some duplicate entries, etc.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit

Wait until you start buying end game things... This week alone I've spent 500 gold on an Arcanite Reaper (procs HUGE with my Seal of Command due to very high max damage) and another 450 gold on Stronghold Gauntlets

The mats on those gloves are pricy (all the Arcanite bars) and only a handful of alliance on Illiden have the recipie, so they take you to the cleaners to make them. (upwards of 80 gold just to assemble them, if YOU provide the mats)

The Immune to Disarm effect is insanely valuable for my PvP, it allows me to put a enchant on my weapon, and not be limited to a weapon chain to prevent disarms. Crusader is fantastic, at least an extra 150 damage on a Command proc, if Crusader is active.

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
You know, it's kind of funny...I never thought my HTF board would have on WoW nerds. Of course I am one myself. I got the game a few months ago and play a bit, but not a ton. I play on the Dragonblight server (not PVP). I have a 38th lvl gnome mage. I have really been enjoying the game. One of the things I like about the game is it is fun. That may not seem like a big deal, but to me games like EQ were always what a developer THOUGHT was fun where this game actually IS fun. I am with a great guild. We just have a few rules. No greedy players. I always offer ANY magical item to anyone who needs it in my guild window. If no one wants it (which is like 99% of the time), I do what I want with it. It works out great....if someone truly doesn't need it, they will not ask for it. I was lucky to hook up with a good guild. I solo most of the time. I group with my guild the most, but I really like helping out lower level characters. If I walk through a lower lvl area and I see someone getting pounded, I help them kill the moster. I have helped lower level characters through tough parts of the game. I just really enjoy the game.

If anyone is ever on the Dragonblight server...give me a shout. My game name is Yuracadava.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I am a huge nerd also, haha.
Having a good guild can really help enhance your enjoyment of a game. Also having an upper level character help you out every once in a while is a great thing too, I commend you. Nothing puts a stop to a game quicker than uber grinders running the show and treating every player beneath them like they are dirt in the game. Ive met these players many times too.
I had a friend who started to play Galxies when it first came out and got the absolute opposite experience in the game. No one would help him out and no one would answer any questions and ended up quitting the game, untill we talked him back into it several months later. He hated it the first time and fell in love with it the second time when he joined us and our guild and actually had nice people helping him out and guiding him along the right path.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

There are nerds for everything on this forum. :)

I just joined a guild about a week ago, really makes the game a lot more fun (if thats even possible) and the people in my guild are great. My UD mage is up to lvl 38 now and i'm just itching to get that mount. Its good to see players like you around Thomas, I try to do the same by helping out others even if they aren't in my guild and on occasion i'll even help out some Alliance players that are getting pounded if i'm not too busy. I also think it's best to do instances with people close to your level for experience, i've found it doesn't really help when you have a lvl 60 with you killing the mobs in a few hits unless you are just in there for looting purposes.

I tried creating an Alliance player on Lightbringer but I just have an affliction with playing as the 'good guys' and the amount of immaturity among players is just insane compared to people who play Horde. We also have one of the worst ratios on Lightbringer its about 5:1 in favour of the Alliance.

I actually started a character on the Dragonblight server when my regular was down once, haven't played on it since though.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I finally cancelled my WoW account this week. The nerfing of all of the classes is just ridiculous and reminds me way too much of DAoC. Unfortunately when you get to the higher levels, most of the quests involve instances that take hours to complete. I just don't have that kind of time to play.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

I have the same problem with MMO's Tim. I rarely have the time to sit for 2 hours with no interuptions to play MMO's. I usually play at night (late night)if I get any chance at all. But I guess thats a good thing, if I had the time to play these types of games I would never get off the computer.:D
School takes priority over games until summer hits and then it's grinding time, haha.

Kami

Screenwriter
Does anyone here play on the Shadow Moon PVP server? I'm a 60 dwarf hunter, name Bendak

Honor rank up to Knight-Lieutenant now (rank 7), probably be higher if the honor system wasn't introduced when I was in my early 40s.

My alt is a night elf priest but haven't worked too much on it yet. Havin too much fun with the end game stuff and my hunter. Not to mention I got the second best gun in the game - the Core Marksman Rifle. :) My aimed shots crit cloth wearers for over 2000 damage, it's pretty sweet. A pic: http://www.adamkoebel.com/core.jpg

Can't wait for battlegrounds!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I play on Aggrimar server as Kitlope, a lvl 34 Orc Shamen. Come say hi and experience my nerfed frost shock! :D

Shane D

Supporting Actor
battlegrounds may be today since the maitenance window was extened by 3 hours today. im guessing they need that xtra time for battlegrounds.

i play on sargeras with:
level 60 male night elf warrior
level 35 human male warlock
level 60 female human rogue (just got 60 last night)

to say im addicted is a understatement =0)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm on Lightbringer with a lvl 60 undead mage (frost spec). Should have my epic mount tomorrow so I can chase down the people who don't :D.

On that topic Blizzard really dropped the ball with alliance mounts, they all look like absolute crap. We have armoured Kodo's and Sketetal warhorses, just another reason to sign up with the Horde. And whats with all the lowbie mages these days? People see how good we can go in mass PVP so everyone re-rolls? (at least on our server anyway).

That gun is f'n huge Kami, i've teamed up with a couple of hunters that have it. Very badass.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
a 2 years later bump =0)

is anyone still playing this and enjoying the expansion?

i've stopped playing alliance and now have a level 70 undead mage on chrommagnus. I feel like the expac kinda ruined the game some, but still find things that are fun to do.

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
hey. I just posted on a very similar thread in the scheduling section. I just started playing about 3 months ago. i've got a 47 hunt on the Alleria server named "Gertruide"

When I have some time I'd like to star a horde toon of some kind. Anyway, if anyone plays on Alleria give me a shout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks