1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wii U Demo Stations in stores (Target, Best Buy, GameStop)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Morgan Jolley, Oct 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Well-Known Member

I got to play a Wii U Demo at Best Buy today and it was pretty neat. The controller is a little too big for my tastes (I can only have my index fingers on the shoulder OR trigger button, but using my middle on the trigger feels awkward) but it pretty much worked as advertised. The only playable demo was Rayman Legends, which is good because I plan on getting that at some point. I didn't like how tight the coil was on the cable that was holding the GamePad to the unit but otherwise it was okay.
    Anyone else play around with a demo kiosk? Thoughts?

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Will try it this week but currently have no intention of buying one. We'll see!

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    I got my preorder in, so I'll just play it when I get it home.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Well-Known Member

I went to Best Buy to pick up the Bond 50 BD set and tried out the Wii U again. My girlfriend was surprised by how big and weird the controller looked but she didn't really watch me play it because the demo station is on the inside of an aisle so you can't physically step more than like 2 feet away from the TV. Kind of disappointing that they have a huge demo space for every other unit there; even the Vita demo station had more room.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    I hope you have those little Burger King hands! I may go to BB and see how it feels.