What's new

Why would a DVD suddenly NOT work? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Has anyone noticed if all of the discs that have sudden;y quit playing are gold color or silver? I remember Disney's "Dinosaur" movie having problems and took them a year to finally release a fixed version on a different color disc. Can't remember which was the fixed one but got me wondering about gold discs? I don't play mine often but did recently receive a new copy of "The Pianist" which was gold and could not play past Chapter 10.

Eric

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
If you have problems with discs that go bad, you must CALL the studio in question. I have had a couple Universal DVD's go bad. I called and they said no problem to send them in. I got the contact info from The Digital Bits. They will take a month or two to replace however.

My Bridget Jones DVD dies at the layer change (you can clearly see the rot on the edge). If if fast forward 10-20 seconds it is fine. It has been this way for awhile, just never got around to calling Disney. Anybody have any experience getting them to replace a bad disc?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig

Just once, they were excellent, even no problem with them shipping to Canada. Same problem as you but different disc, at the layer change.

Michael Qualen

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, I had Disney replace my Dinosaur disc as well...no problem sending it to Denmark...but its about a year ago...politics might have changed

Too bad the new Dinosaur couldn´t play in my player either...but I seem to remember it being a player specific problem...I have a Pioneer DV 737

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
My SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON just gave me
the error message...argh.
I have also had a few of my flipper discs
start to pixilate...
OLIVER! does this on two of my players,
as well as DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody have an original Vertigo DVD that still plays ???? LOL !!

That seems to be the most problematic disc based on reports on this site . I had exactly the same problem . Tried to play it the other night, and all I get is an error message . My DVD player just doesn't read the disc . Same with Psycho , btw .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks